+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

New application

Mathew2000

Dec 17, 2008
Hello all,
We are from India and is now in GCC for the last 1 year. Can anyone give us information about the following as we are planning to apply for the immigration process. Both of our proffessions fall under the category which are on demand.

1. Will there be any delay if I directly apply and is it safe ?
2. Will there be any difficulties if we move from the current place of residence ( the place from which we are planning to apply ) during the processing time ?
I found this forum very useful and thank you all in advance for the necessary details.....

trina_physio

Dec 10, 2008
1. I have known alot of people who have applied and have successfully acquired a visa without the help of a consultant or lawyer.

2. Nope, I don't think it will be a problem if you move during the application process as it has already been submitted. The only thing to consider is your means of communication as you would be changing contact details I assume.

Santosh2000

Star Member
Dec 13, 2008
You should wait for the File No (AOR) to come to you, once you have filed your application. It contains further information & instructions. The required documents are also asked with a time frame given. You will surely need to update your new address in your file.
Mind you, your file no. (AOR) will reach the address that you mentioned in our application, so if you move after applying, keep a track of the file no. at the address mentioned in application.