+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Need Urgent Help. My work permit is expiring but did not receive AOR yet

mroy

Feb 10, 2014
Hi.

My PGWP work permit is expiring on feb 23rd. My employer does not do LMO. I applied under CEC in November 2013 and but they sent my application back In jan 2014 due to IELTS score. I re-submitted my application on Feb 5th with new IELTS score and put a letter explaining my situation. Do you think I will get AOR before 23 rd of Feb 2014 ? If not then what should I do ? Should I apply for BOWP without AOR.

Please reply.

Many Thanks

thisisauser

Nov 23, 2012
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
mroy said:
Hi.

My PGWP work permit is expiring on feb 23rd. My employer does not do LMO. I applied under CEC in November 2013 and but they sent my application back In jan 2014 due to IELTS score. I re-submitted my application on Feb 5th with new IELTS score and put a letter explaining my situation. Do you think I will get AOR before 23 rd of Feb 2014 ? If not then what should I do ? Should I apply for BOWP without AOR.

Please reply.

Many Thanks
Check the threads for December and January applicants to get an idea of the timelines.

You may apply without AOR but there's someone else two threads below who did apply without AOR and was refused a work permit. Even if claims of getting a BOWP without submitting AOR are true, they still are exceptions to the rule.

karebear

Feb 11, 2014
I was in a similar situation a few months back. I applied under CECIL but did not get my AOR yet and had about a month on my WP. I applied for my BOWP nonetheless, for me and my common law partner, and just included a cover letter explaining that we have a CEC application in process. Got my AOR two weeks before my BOWP. But my suggestion is use paper application as it takes longer and will give increase the chances of your AOR being generated before BOWP is processed.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

karebear said:
I was in a similar situation a few months back. I applied under CECIL but did not get my AOR yet and had about a month on my WP. I applied for my BOWP nonetheless, for me and my common law partner, and just included a cover letter explaining that we have a CEC application in process. Got my AOR two weeks before my BOWP. But my suggestion is use paper application as it takes longer and will give increase the chances of your AOR being generated before BOWP is processed.
Except that the OP will be out of status, and not eligible for BOWP.

mohd000

May 21, 2013
canada
Category........
Visa Office......
cpp ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-06-2013
Doc's Request.
29-11-2013 RCMP;3-03-2014 MARRIAGE QUESTIONARE
AOR Received.
15-08-2013
File Transfer...
15-08-2013
Med's Request
22-05-2014
Med's Done....
28-05-2014
Interview........
exempted
Passport Req..
20-06-2014
VISA ISSUED...
request to change vo for spouse
LANDED..........
11-08-2014
do paper application with explaination letter, cec reference letter, eployment letter.I was in same boat

mroy

Feb 10, 2014
Thank you for the reply .If I send paper submission for BOwp before my PGWP expires then m I going to be in implied status ?