waived
Passport Req..
10-02-2012
VISA ISSUED...
06-03-2012
LANDED..........
May 2012!
CrazyLucy said:
I dont think you should have too much of an issue with your 'monster-in-law' when it comes to your PR application. If anything..you could use it as proof that you've stuck with him through thick and thin despite the in-law's opinion. Online dating isnt something that's considered a big deal anymore. Especially meeting though MMOs (World of Warcraft, Rift, FF11 ect ect) The IO isnt going to side with your mother-in-law. He/She is going to look at the application as a whole. You seem to have enough proof. Feel free to add her into the application if you're comfortable with it.
Also....lol....it was World of warcraft...

Kathy Nguyen

May 11, 2011
Aurora Ontario
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Thanks SmoothiesQueen for your grateful and straightforward post. By reading your post I have came up some more evidences for my relationship. And you are absolutely right as saying that just prepare what you have to prove your love to immigration officer and for me I also need to prove to my hubby's mother that nothing can stop us from loving each other.
Thanks again and wish all the best

SmoothiesQueen said:
I think alot of you are forgetting something. I see people asking " is this ok" , " or is this ok". Listen, its not up to immigration to decided whats right and wrong, but whats VALID AND REAL!! An immigration officer cannot say " omg the mother does not approve", or " omg one is Philapeno Catholic and the other is from Pakistant" or " the relationship is between and island man and a western lady...thats risky"....welll I should deny it then. NO, it doesn't work that way. No matter what your circumstances are, because believe me IO's get a bit of everything imaginable, it all comes to to YOU proving the relationship is valid. There is some countries and red flags that stand out a bit more but if your circumstances are a little shakier then provide more evidence, do everything you can to assure the officers reviewing your files. And you and your spouse should prepare early on for the possiblity of an interview so you can completly ace it and shake any remaining doubt.

Really a real marriage has nothing to worry about as long as they prepare for interviews and take time to make a solid application package. The worse that can happen is you have to jump through a few more hoops to prove it. Its the fake marriages that have something to worry about...because IO's are good at poking holes in those cases and seeking them out. And really fake marriage applications are a disgrace in my opinion. Other countries cannot house all those seeking to escape other countries...as sad as that sounds, its just not possible. Fake applications to screw the system for immigrating purposes actually screw over people who are geuninely in love, because it makes it harder for them.

But ya anyways back to the point....if its real, its not up to immigration to tell you how to live your life or whether you make a good couple, or whether your mother in law should support you its up to them to decide if its a real marriage so they can then decide whether to grant you PR to Canada. So the only real advice is, when doing your package " PROOF PROOF PROOF"...include EVERYTHING YOU CAN FIND!!! I put in pictures, I put in facebook comments that I copied and pasted from years back, I put in emails and chat logs, plane tickets, receipts. a million and one letters from family and friends, because we'd lived together for years in his country I included rent reciepts, letters from landlords and neighbours, and extensive plans to reestablish in Canada down to job offers and acceptance letters and housing etc. And so on.....

CrazyLucy

Mar 9, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25/08/2010
Med's Done....
24/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
07/11/2012
Avila said:
Also....lol....it was World of warcraft...
Haha. I met my common-law partner though WoW as well. For the Horde!

Avila

Star Member
May 19, 2011
U.S.A.
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-08-2011
AOR Received.
15-12-2011
File Transfer...
19-10-2011
Med's Done....
24-06-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
10-02-2012
VISA ISSUED...
06-03-2012
LANDED..........
May 2012!
CrazyLucy said:
Haha. I met my common-law partner though WoW as well. For the Horde!

Lol...Nowai