18-09-2013
Med's Done....
08-10-2013
Passport Req..
05-11-2013
VISA ISSUED...
26-11-2013
Hello all,

I am stuck in kind of a unique situation. I would like to know your opinion on what my best wayout is, and/or if you can suggest any good immigration lawyer who could help us.

I received my Canadian PR in 2014 (as an FSWP nominee). We also completed our landing, but then because of some health related unforeseen issues could not make the final move. Our PR renewal date is during 2019. However, since we haven't stayed for at least 2 out of 5 years in Canada, I am not sure how we can renew it.

At the same time, we are now finally making the plan to move, in a few months maybe. So, as I understand, we can make the move to Canada, but we still need to figure out how our PRs could be renewed.

Can you guys suggest any other alternative? Both my wife and I are high-skilled professionals. Would it be better for us to re-apply for PRs? Do we have to surrender our current PRs?

As I understand, this is a very rare scenario, and many of you would probably wonder why, after all these years of no action, suddenly I am being motivated again to make the move! However, any help is appreciated.

Best regards,
Bubun

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello all,

I am stuck in kind of a unique situation. I would like to know your opinion on what my best wayout is, and/or if you can suggest any good immigration lawyer who could help us.

I received my Canadian PR in 2014 (as an FSWP nominee). We also completed our landing, but then because of some health related unforeseen issues could not make the final move. Our PR renewal date is during 2019. However, since we haven't stayed for at least 2 out of 5 years in Canada, I am not sure how we can renew it.

At the same time, we are now finally making the plan to move, in a few months maybe. So, as I understand, we can make the move to Canada, but we still need to figure out how our PRs could be renewed.

Can you guys suggest any other alternative? Both my wife and I are high-skilled professionals. Would it be better for us to re-apply for PRs? Do we have to surrender our current PRs?

As I understand, this is a very rare scenario, and many of you would probably wonder why, after all these years of no action, suddenly I am being motivated again to make the move! However, any help is appreciated.

Best regards,
Bubun
It's actually not a rare scenario at all. Recommend you join the Permanent Residency Obligation section of the forum. This is where you'll find discussions on this topic.

Reactions: 1978bubun