Unknown
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29/12/2014
Doc's Request.
File returned due to global cap
I need help from people who have already submitted their application or who has more knowledge on canadian business operation.

My employer has an existing BN for IT business which she doesn't operate any more. Does she need to obtain another BN to hire me as a child caregiver or the existing BN will be good enough?

According to cic website a sole proprietar can use existing BN to hire a foreign caregiver but they need to employ him/her under a domestic account separate from their other business activities. What does domestic account mean here?

Please please help. TIA

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth
They would need to use the same BN, but for the Payroll account(RP), it would be designated as a caregiver account, versus as a regular payroll account.
Example the BN for regular payroll would be 123456789RP0001, then caregiver account would be 123456789RP0002.
When they call the CRA to create the second RP account, they would tell the agent that it is for a caregiver
They DO NOT want to create another sole proprietor account.
If there original account was a corporation, they would not use that BN for a caregiver, since the corporation is not the employer, but the sole proprietor is
And ALWAYS remember, that when you no longer have the employee, it is very important to call up the CRA and have that account closed. If you just stop remitting deductions, the system will assume that deductions are not being remitted , and will possibly start doing estimates on remittances due, from pass remittances. If you ignore these notices, enforcement is the next step

farzanaisme

Star Member
Oct 1, 2014
Australia
Category........
Visa Office......
Unknown
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29/12/2014
Doc's Request.
File returned due to global cap
They would need to use the same BN, but for the Payroll account(RP), it would be designated as a caregiver account, versus as a regular payroll account.
Example the BN for regular payroll would be 123456789RP0001, then caregiver account would be 123456789RP0002.
When they call the CRA to create the second RP account, they would tell the agent that it is for a caregiver
They DO NOT want to create another sole proprietor account.
If there original account was a corporation, they would not use that BN for a caregiver, since the corporation is not the employer, but the sole proprietor is
And ALWAYS remember, that when you no longer have the employee, it is very important to call up the CRA and have that account closed. If you just stop remitting deductions, the system will assume that deductions are not being remitted , and will possibly start doing estimates on remittances due, from pass remittances. If you ignore these notices, enforcement is the next step
Thank you so much copingwithlife for your reply.

Engr_Sam

Nov 5, 2019
I need help from people who have already submitted their application or who has more knowledge on canadian business operation.

My employer has an existing BN for IT business which she doesn't operate any more. Does she need to obtain another BN to hire me as a child caregiver or the existing BN will be good enough?

According to cic website a sole proprietar can use existing BN to hire a foreign caregiver but they need to employ him/her under a domestic account separate from their other business activities. What does domestic account mean here?

Please please help. TIA