+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Need help to understand CIC letter

CYEYPR

Jan 6, 2020
Hey everyone,

I am seeking an urgent help to understand a letter that I received today. I made my PR application on APR2019 and today I received a letter on my CIC account SUB: Approval letter , but in the letter it said below things, please help me to understand what does it mean, is my application approved or I have to go to Etobicoke. Did anybody receive this letter? what should be my next step? or how it will go from here?

"This refers to the Application for Permanent Residence you made under the Protected Person in Canada class. We are pleased to advise you that processing of your application has been completed. The IRCC office in Etobicoke IRCC will contact you regarding the finalization of your permanent resident application. IMPORTANT: You and your family members, if any, will be required to present original identification document(s) to the Canada Immigration Centre at your appointment. A final decision concerning the granting of permanent residence status will be made at that time. If permanent residence is granted, the name that will appear on the confirmation of permanent resident document is your name as it appears on your passport or identity documents."

Any insight or information regarding this matter would be highly appreciated. Thanks a lot .

Andftoe

Star Member
Jul 23, 2020
That is DM ( Decision Made) that means a decision was made about your application and etobicoke will contact you to finalize your application. They will give you COPR (Confirmation of Permanent Resident). When you get COPR you become a Permanent Resident. It can be in couple days o couple weeks.

I've seen people who get copr in hours, next day and three weeks.

I've been waiting for COPR from march 11th

I'm November 2019 applicant.

I recommend you to follow this thread "Time line for Permanent Residence application for Refugees" we share our process in there.

Reactions: CYEYPR

CYEYPR

Jan 6, 2020
That is DM ( Decision Made) that means a decision was made about your application and etobicoke will contact you to finalize your application. They will give you COPR (Confirmation of Permanent Resident). When you get COPR you become a Permanent Resident. It can be in couple days o couple weeks.

I've seen people who get copr in hours, next day and three weeks.

I've been waiting for COPR from march 11th

I'm November 2019 applicant.

I recommend you to follow this thread "Time line for Permanent Residence application for Refugees" we share our process in there.
Thanks a lot for the info mate... I am gonna follow that thread..