+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Need help to reapply for visitor visa...

Amrose

Feb 22, 2011
I m student here in India and applied for canada tourist visa to have a visit to my sister but they rejected my visa stating that i will not return back. . I had previously history of travelling in usa on student visa but i return back after some months due to some family problem nd now staying permanently in my hometown . But still by seeing this that i return to my homecountry from usa they rejected me.I had even show that i m the student here and will come back after these summer vacations . please help.what should i do now to hv more chances of getting visa???.

LovingMyCanuck

Star Member
May 8, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey there, for people who are applying for visas and such we must all meet a certain and exact requirements. Despite of you returning from the US doesn't mean they will look at that and go,"Oh wow, well she left the US, didn't overstay and such, we should allow her this visa."

You are to prove things like:
Quote from CIC (link: Cic.gc.ca)
To visit Canada, you must: have a valid travel document, such as a passport; be in good health; satisfy an immigration officer that you have ties, such as a job, home
and family, that will take you back to your country of origin; satisfy an immigration officer that you will leave Canada at the end of
your visit; and have enough money for your stay. The amount of money you will need
can vary with the circumstances of the visit, how long you will stay and
whether you will stay in a hotel or with friends or relatives. For more
information, ask the Canadian visa office in your country or region.

The most important thing is showing strong ties back home! However Ive read in some cases people had ties back at home, but are still rejected for the proofs of funds. I would recommend showing strong ties back at home like: Job(Get a letter from your employer of your return back) and also for the proof of funds you could have your sister write you an invitation "letter" statin that she would provide for your needs while you were in Canada.

What were your reasons that they rejected you by the way?

LovingMyCanuck

Star Member
May 8, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Well as I stated above you should definitely if you are working get a letter from your employer and if you rent/own a place have your bills showing them that you have assets back in Canada to go to. There are so many evidence you can show.

Amrose

Feb 22, 2011
I m a student here and will be for 2 more years . So cannot work right now. So what proof should i show that make the visa officer more satisfied....

And Thanks so much for your above guidance..:)

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Show as many of the following as possible. If you don't have much proof to provide, then there's a good chance your visa will be refused again for lack of strong ties:

- proof of employment
- proof of school enrollment
- proof school tuition fees have been paid for next semester
- proof of property ownership
- proof of propert rental
- proof of business ownership
- proof of bank accounts and other assets held
- close family ties (i.e. spouse, children) that will be remaining in your home country and not traveling with you

Unfortunately the fact that you have a sister in Canada works against you and makes CIC more likely to suspect that you want to remain n Canada long term.