03-01-2018
Passport Req..
05-03-2018
VISA ISSUED...
05-04-2018
LANDED..........
Waiting
Hi everyone,

I am a Canadian citizen living outside Canada. I am living with my husband and my child in Bangladesh for 5 years. Recently I am planning to sponsor my husband through spouse visa. To apply for spouse visa we need to provide some proof of our intention to move to Canada.
We are planning to move to Halifax. I wanted to rent an apartment in Halifax before applying for my husband's spouse visa. So then I can provide the rent agreement as a proof of our intent to move to Canada.

My question is how can I rent an apartment from outside Canada.
I found some websites for renting apartments in Halifax and sent emails to those websites but they are asking for my proof of income and references which I don't have because I am living outside Canada for 5 years and also I don't have anybody in Canada who can be my reference.

Now in this situation Do I have any other option to rent an apartment.It will be really great if anybody can give me some information on this.

Thanks in advance

Regards

Lia

Lia77

Sep 4, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Singapore
App. Filed.......
03-08-2017
AOR Received.
22-09-2017
File Transfer...
10-10-2017
Med's Request
02-01-2018
Med's Done....
03-01-2018
Passport Req..
05-03-2018
VISA ISSUED...
05-04-2018
LANDED..........
Waiting
steaky said:
Why Halifax when you don't know anyone there?
I like everything about Halifax and I think it's my kind of place where I can be happy to live with my family :)
It would be really helpful if you can input some info on my question.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Lia77 said:
I like everything about Halifax and I think it's my kind of place where I can be happy to live with my family :)
It would be really helpful if you can input some info on my question.
If you are just need to prove your intention to visa office, why not send a PM to "Subtan" who might be able to help You?

Lia77

Sep 4, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Singapore
App. Filed.......
03-08-2017
AOR Received.
22-09-2017
File Transfer...
10-10-2017
Med's Request
02-01-2018
Med's Done....
03-01-2018
Passport Req..
05-03-2018
VISA ISSUED...
05-04-2018
LANDED..........
Waiting
steaky said:
If you are just need to prove your intention to visa office, why not send a PM to "Subtan" who might be able to help You?
Thank you for your suggestion. I will do that.

ritawallu

Dec 28, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20/10/2015
Doc's Request.
17-11-2016
Nomination.....
07/12/2016
AOR Received.
23-01-2017
Med's Request
Passed on 09/02/2017
Med's Done....
22/12/2016
Hi everyone,

I am a Canadian citizen living outside Canada. I am living with my husband and my child in Bangladesh for 5 years. Recently I am planning to sponsor my husband through spouse visa. To apply for spouse visa we need to provide some proof of our intention to move to Canada.
We are planning to move to Halifax. I wanted to rent an apartment in Halifax before applying for my husband's spouse visa. So then I can provide the rent agreement as a proof of our intent to move to Canada.

I found some websites for renting apartments in Halifax and sent emails to those websites but they are asking for my proof of income and references which I don't have because I am living outside Canada for 5 years and also I don't have anybody in Canada who can be my reference.

Now in this situation Do I have any other option to rent an apartment.It will be really great if anybody can give me some information on this.

Thanks in advance

Regards

Lia
Hi,

Im looking for a room in September. Currently, Im in India but Ill be landing in Halifax. Could you help me with the accomodation. Also how can I book 1 bedroom in halifax.

cozymozy

May 26, 2017
Hi,

Im looking for a room in September. Currently, Im in India but Ill be landing in Halifax. Could you help me with the accomodation. Also how can I book 1 bedroom in halifax.
Hi Ritawallu,
I am also landing in Halifax in the end of August or start of September. I am looking for apartment with 2 bedrooms in case of sharing one bedroom with shared kitchen and bathroom. It could save the part of rent. The minimum rent of single bedroom is $650 but, rent for 2 bedrooms apartment is around $ 950. So, 2 bedrooms apartment will cost $475 per person per bedroom.
Anyways, I am looking for single bedroom too. If I get any suitable place then will tell you.

Thanks

Gyrexi

Jun 9, 2018
Hi everyone,

Thanks in advance

Regards

Lia
Hi, there. Try to tell them you are willing to pay extra month renting as insurance, and send they the money. Some time they just need it for credit purpose. And that extra month fee should be return at the end at first year, make sure you keep the invoice.

Gyrexi

Jun 9, 2018
Hi everyone,

Thanks in advance

Regards

Lia
And I just started to spousal my husband in this May, hope to hear about you in Halifax soon.