NEED HELP - Student Visa

ikoniki

Jan 24, 2013
Bangalore India
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello Everyone...

I have been reading this forum for sometime now and thought to post my questions hoping a sound advice from you guys.

Profile:

Indian
PG: MBA
UG: BBM - University Topper; Gold Medalist; 100 percentage in Quant.
Emp: 3 years of Work Exp MNC.

My Intention is to Immigrate to Canada...Intially thought of going throught Quebec Skilled Worker program as per advice from David Campbell Cohen. They asked me to learn french and gave it up.

Recently I made up my mind to pursue and MBA again from Canada thinking it is the easiest way to immigrate.

Got an admission from VIU…As I need a GMAT exemption so I am not looking for top B Schools. But somehow was not greatly convinced with their programme.

Later I applied for University of New Brunswick (UNB) and they offered me the admission into their MBA programme which is of One year duration at their Saint John Campus.

May be I could try better universities...But budget was also another constraint. As UNB fee was 25k USD...Its Okay. I can afford up to 30 K.

So far so happy..

Then I was checking out on the Visa options that I can avail.
I realised that I will get only one year PGWP as the course duration was just one year. So please answer my questions below.
1. If I take up this 1 year course at UNB and get a PGWP for 1 year. How reluctant are the employers to apply for LMO for me. Is it a big deal for them? Or in general they don’t want to do.
Because, If there is some hope that these employers are comfortable and happy to take LMO and get me an extension my problem is over.
2. If not UNB offers a 2 year programme in their Fredricton Campus for 2 years. Is it better to take up that course and get 3 year PGWPP. I do not prefer this as do not want to waste one more year. But if there is no option out then I have to take this up.
3.I heard Ontario PNP has a provison that if the student studies his MBA 1 year programme in Ontario they can nominate the student under the PNP for PR.
I can think of UOIT, University of Ontario Inst of Tech…they offer one year MBA with GMAT exemption. Is this a better option? But how far will get the PNP nomination, Ontario being a big and imp province.
4. I might get married this year. If take my wife along…will that effect my home country ties..
Can I get married, Put as Married in the Study Visa application which shows strong ties and go alone…After going there can my wife apply for the Visa to accompany me? Will she get an Open Work permit then?
The other question is if she gets an open permit while I am studying..what happens to her status when I get PGWPP..Can she still work?
5. This is a bit interesting..
If I go for one year programme with my wife..My wife gets an OWP for one year..lets assume she gets a job and works…and if she can work for another year on my PGWPP….Instead of me applying for CEC..Can she apply then..since would have accumulated 2 years of work exp then?

Please answer my questions..I have more questions to asl…Thanks for everyone on this forum who are very help and hope they come to my rescue as well…I’ve been seeing some famous names …so called seniors or VIPs like Leon, Enfield..Etc..Hope you guys help me…Eagerly waiting for your thoughts…

emceemouli

Aug 7, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ikoniki said:
Hello Everyone...

I have been reading this forum for sometime now and thought to post my questions hoping a sound advice from you guys.

Profile:

Indian

My Intention is to Immigrate to Canada...Intially thought of going throught Quebec Skilled Worker program as per advice from David Campbell Cohen. They asked me to learn french and gave it up.

Recently I made up my mind to pursue and MBA again from Canada thinking it is the easiest way to immigrate.

Got an admission from VIU...As I need a GMAT exemption so I am not looking for top B Schools. But somehow was not greatly convinced with their programme.

Later I applied for University of New Brunswick (UNB) and they offered me the admission into their MBA programme which is of One year duration at their Saint John Campus.

May be I could try better universities...But budget was also another constraint. As UNB fee was 25k USD...Its Okay. I can afford up to 30 K.

So far so happy..

I realised that I will get only one year PGWP as the course duration was just one year. So please answer my questions below.
1. If I take up this 1 year course at UNB and get a PGWP for 1 year. How reluctant are the employers to apply for LMO for me. Is it a big deal for them? Or in general they don't want to do.
Because, If there is some hope that these employers are comfortable and happy to take LMO and get me an extension my problem is over.
2. If not UNB offers a 2 year programme in their Fredricton Campus for 2 years. Is it better to take up that course and get 3 year PGWPP. I do not prefer this as do not want to waste one more year. But if there is no option out then I have to take this up.
3.I heard Ontario PNP has a provison that if the student studies his MBA 1 year programme in Ontario they can nominate the student under the PNP for PR.
I can think of UOIT, University of Ontario Inst of Tech...they offer one year MBA with GMAT exemption. Is this a better option? But how far will get the PNP nomination, Ontario being a big and imp province.
4. I might get married this year. If take my wife along...will that effect my home country ties..
Can I get married, Put as Married in the Study Visa application which shows strong ties and go alone...After going there can my wife apply for the Visa to accompany me? Will she get an Open Work permit then?
The other question is if she gets an open permit while I am studying..what happens to her status when I get PGWPP..Can she still work?
If I go for one year programme with my wife..My wife gets an OWP for one year..lets assume she gets a job and works...and if she can work for another year on my PGWPP....Instead of me applying for CEC..Can she apply then..since would have accumulated 2 years of work exp then?

Please answer my questions..I have more questions to asl...Thanks for everyone on this forum who are very help and hope they come to my rescue as well...I've been seeing some famous names ...so called seniors or VIPs like Leon, Enfield..Etc..Hope you guys help me...Eagerly waiting for your thoughts...
check this site for more info

https://sites.google.com/site/studyingabroadincanada/home
https://sites.google.com/site/newcanadianimmigrants/

Thanks
Chandra

lorerodri

Feb 10, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ikoniki said:
Hello Everyone...

Profile:

Indian

Got an admission from VIU...As I need a GMAT exemption so I am not looking for top B Schools. But somehow was not greatly convinced with their programme.

So far so happy..

1. If I take up this 1 year course at UNB and get a PGWP for 1 year. How reluctant are the employers to apply for LMO for me. Is it a big deal for them? Or in general they don't want to do.
I can think of UOIT, University of Ontario Inst of Tech...they offer one year MBA with GMAT exemption. Is this a better option? But how far will get the PNP nomination, Ontario being a big and imp province.
4. I might get married this year. If take my wife along...will that effect my home country ties..
Can I get married, Put as Married in the Study Visa application which shows strong ties and go alone...After going there can my wife apply for the Visa to accompany me? Will she get an Open Work permit then?
If I go for one year programme with my wife..My wife gets an OWP for one year..lets assume she gets a job and works...and if she can work for another year on my PGWPP....Instead of me applying for CEC..Can she apply then..since would have accumulated 2 years of work exp then?

Please answer my questions..I have more questions to asl...Thanks for everyone on this forum who are very help and hope they come to my rescue as well...I've been seeing some famous names ...so called seniors or VIPs like Leon, Enfield..Etc..Hope you guys help me...Eagerly waiting for your thoughts...

Hi Ikoniki, i also want to apply through Quebec program, but i quit, its better for me improve my english and apply with a different program.

Please, check these websites if you are looking for a PR through studies:

http://www.saskimmigrationcanada.ca/student

http://www.immigratemanitoba.com/how-to-immigrate/international-students/

vaibstep

Apr 4, 2013
I have a similar situation as ikoniki. Already done mba in my country, planning to apply for study visa in some good uni, and also getting married soon. So looking forward to some answers..

Seniors/ experts.. comments pls!!!

Gokul5

Jun 19, 2013
Hi,
I'm planning to do mba in canada in colleges and my eduction background is 10th-73%, 12th-79% & btech(ece)- 59% with 13 backlogs(all are cleared). I already given my ielts and had overall band of 6.5 with listeing-7.5, reading-7, writing-6.5& speaking -5.5.

1) can I apply under spp for colleges even after having 13 backlogs(all are cleared) and what is the sucess rate.
2) what are the other ways I can apply with this percentage and ielts band.
Thank you in advance

singhabhishek251

Jun 3, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Gokul,
As far as your backlogs are concerned, they won't trouble you for all universities. There are some top level universities bothering for this, but generally it won't effect.