+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Need help please

mariwan86

Feb 15, 2023
Hello dears,

recently I applied for a pharmacist assistant position and I was accepted. But two days later the HR contacted me and they told me that I have a condition in my work permit

- not authorized to work childcare, primary/secondary school teaching, health service field occupations.

I did proved my medical examination before hand when I applied for visa and I did pass the test. And same my wife while my wife dose not have this condition in her work permit.

and the other problem is before that I worked at the same position (Pharmacist assistant) in another place but they never told me about this restriction.

my questions are

- will my PGWP will be effected by working unknowingly as a pharmacist assistant?
- Can this condition be removed if I contact IRCC and provide them with the test that I took when I applied for visa.

What should I do I am so confused

thank you all

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hello dears,

recently I applied for a pharmacist assistant position and I was accepted. But two days later the HR contacted me and they told me that I have a condition in my work permit

- not authorized to work childcare, primary/secondary school teaching, health service field occupations.

I did proved my medical examination before hand when I applied for visa and I did pass the test. And same my wife while my wife dose not have this condition in her work permit.

and the other problem is before that I worked at the same position (Pharmacist assistant) in another place but they never told me about this restriction.

my questions are

- will my PGWP will be effected by working unknowingly as a pharmacist assistant?
- Can this condition be removed if I contact IRCC and provide them with the test that I took when I applied for visa.

What should I do I am so confused

thank you all
You need to change the conditions of your work permit. So if you have a valid medical then fill out the form and apply online to condition.

mariwan86

Feb 15, 2023
You need to change the conditions of your work permit. So if you have a valid medical then fill out the form and apply online to condition.
Thank you so much for your replay

I do have the test with me, which I did during applying for a visa.
You mean to contact IRCC via web form and ask them to change it or apply a new application for changing the condition?

mariwan86

Feb 15, 2023
I tried to apply for change inside an IRCC portal but I could not find it there are only applying for new applications available and it says that I have to have a job offer with LMIA, I am so confused

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Thanks a lot; I did visit that link and IRCC account, but there is no choice to do that. Can you please tell me what to do?
You can’t just remove the conditions yourself online. You will need to go to the land border to have CBSA remove the condition or fill out the specified forms and submit them and wait which could take quite a long time. The best option would be to got to a land border. I would call in advance to verify when this service can be performed at the land border. At some borders issues around permits are limited to certain days and there can be a limit on how many people they help in a day since immigration is not CBSA’s primary role.