+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Need Help please: TRV Counterfoil

francis009

Dec 26, 2019
My study permit extension & child's visiting visa extension was approved in February 2022. So we have a student extension permit and visitor record for my son till July 2023.

I proceeded to apply for a TRV counterfoil for myself and added my child to the application. Though I didn't see TRV for my child, I saw 1. Extend my status as a visitor, 2. Restore my status as a visitor and 3. Get a new temp resident permit (for inadmissible applicants only). I chose "extend my status". My TRV was approved, requesting me to send my passport to Ottawa but I didn't get an update for my child's application.

Did I make a mistake? of choosing "extend my status" when my child already has a valid visitor record.

Idk how to apply for a TRV for my Child from Canada, as we need to visit our home country.

sj1023

Jul 10, 2023
My study permit extension & child's visiting visa extension was approved in February 2022. So we have a student extension permit and visitor record for my son till July 2023.

I proceeded to apply for a TRV counterfoil for myself and added my child to the application. Though I didn't see TRV for my child, I saw 1. Extend my status as a visitor, 2. Restore my status as a visitor and 3. Get a new temp resident permit (for inadmissible applicants only). I chose "extend my status". My TRV was approved, requesting me to send my passport to Ottawa but I didn't get an update for my child's application.

Did I make a mistake? of choosing "extend my status" when my child already has a valid visitor record.

Idk how to apply for a TRV for my Child from Canada, as we need to visit our home country.
Hello, I am also looking for information on getting TRV for dependent child from within Canada. Could you please share if you were able to apply TRV for you child from Canada.

francis009

Dec 26, 2019
Hello, I am also looking for information on getting TRV for dependent child from within Canada. Could you please share if you were able to apply TRV for you child from Canada.
Hi we applied for the trv...but it was withdrawn days after, because our child didn't qualify. We were told to apply from the country of origin. Luckily with the recent IRCC changes our passport became visa free to Canada.

sj1023

Jul 10, 2023
Hi we applied for the trv...but it was withdrawn days after, because our child didn't qualify. We were told to apply from the country of origin. Luckily with the recent IRCC changes our passport became visa free to Canada.
Glad it worked out for you. Thank you for your response.