+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Need HELP please EXPERTS

Abhi1982

Star Member
Jul 8, 2019
Sorry for the long post - I wanted to explain clearly.
So I had created an EOI a year back and in the information mentioned - I captured my spouse's work experience and education as well. I got about 8 points for her education. I had applied for a PNP and in the application, they wanted that only primary applicant (i.e. me) provides course by course ECA. They did not want ECA for accompanying spouse. So I got ECA done for myself and I got PNP nomination and received 600 points. I got ITA for EE because my score went up > 1000. Cut off for invite in the round I was selected was in 470s. While filling up the application for express entry I see that they require spouse ECA as well if I have to claim points (8 in our case). We do not have spouse ECA currently (my :-( unawareness of this requirement ). MY Question: If I remove spouse education points claimed by me, even then, due to PNP points my score remains in 1000s (still above the cut off of the EE round in which I got invite). Is it ok to do so? The email I got from CIC along with invite to apply says please decline the invite "IF your points have gone down below the cut off of the round in which you were invited for any reason". This isnt the case with me (my score without spouse education points will still be 1000+). PLEASE HELP and ADVISE. I want to remove the 8 points claimed for spouse for education as we do not have a handy ECA. Even if I apply now, it will take months to get to us.