+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

need help.. planning to apply for TRV for my parents

maine19

Apr 30, 2015
hi there!
I'm reading a lot of topics in this forum which helps me a lot,.
I am pregnant and planning to apply for TRV for my parents so they can help me when I gave birth.
But they don't have that much documents to send to CIC like assets or annual income tax because my father works in the Philippines
and the mode of payment is cash. my mother is a home maker and have a small retail business..
Me and my husband can support them here, I will also tell that to my invitation or letter to CIC.
Can you give me an advice if I still need to pursue this or not. Thanks

hoping_canadian

Jun 20, 2014
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
maine19 said:
hi there!
I am pregnant and planning to apply for TRV for my parents so they can help me when I gave birth.
But they don't have that much documents to send to CIC like assets or annual income tax because my father works in the Philippines
and the mode of payment is cash. my mother is a home maker and have a small retail business..
Me and my husband can support them here, I will also tell that to my invitation or letter to CIC.
Hi are they in Manila? I just invited my mother, sister, bro in law and their 2 kids. I haven't provided much documents for them. I suggest to contact the travel agency where I applied for their visa. They might help your mom and dad. Dont emphasize on giving birth and your parents to take care of your baby on your invitation letter.

maine19

Apr 30, 2015
yes they are in Manila, that's good to know that I should not emphasize on giving birth and they will take care of my baby, I was enlightened that this may be a reason of refusal.. by the way what travel agency do you applied them? and what are the documents did you included?

boopityboo

Feb 16, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 11, 2015
AOR Received.
April 18, 2015
File Transfer...
May 18, 2015
Med's Request
Upfront 08/30/2014
Med's Done....
Re-medical 02/16/2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
March 30, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
April 11, 2016
Hi, maine19!

You can include land titles if you have any. Also, you can include your parents' bank statements and if you do plan on supporting them, then include your bank statements.

Basically, they have to convince CIC that they will go back home when their stay is over. Any ties to their home country will help a lot, like I said land titles, house, remaining family members that are still dependent on them, jobs (tell your Dad to ask for certificate of employment from his employer). You mentioned your Mom has a small business then surely, she has a business permit for that. Include that, too.

boopityboo

Feb 16, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 11, 2015
AOR Received.
April 18, 2015
File Transfer...
May 18, 2015
Med's Request
Upfront 08/30/2014
Med's Done....
Re-medical 02/16/2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
March 30, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
April 11, 2016
I also forgot to mention that even if your Dad is paid in cash, he should still have an ITR because taxes should be filed yearly. Or he can ask his employer about this because they could be paying taxes on his behalf.

hoping_canadian

Jun 20, 2014
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
maine19 said:
yes they are in Manila, that's good to know that I should not emphasize on giving birth and they will take care of my baby, I was enlightened that this may be a reason of refusal.. by the way what travel agency do you applied them? and what are the documents did you included?
Adams http://adamsexpresstravel.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=10&Itemid=5

tell ur parents to call and ask them about the requirements. for my mom they just ask for the passport copies, birth cert and marriage cert.

kelly0920

Star Member
Feb 21, 2012
maine19 said:
hi there!
Hi there,

My mom just got a 5 - year visa here.. She doesn't have properties and she is retired.. She's 62 and from the Philippines..

Since you are giving birth, you can put to your invitation that you want them to see you celebrate the life of your son/daughter by having them her when you give birth..Please don't put that they will take care of the baby because that's a red flag and can be subject of refusal.. Baka sabihin, gusto mo lang makalibre ng nanny.. So make sure that you put there that you're sharing your happiness with them..

Also emphasize that your mom has a retail business in the Philippines and she can't stay long in Canada. You can say that your mom's business is her baby and she can't live without it LOL.. Or it's her legacy..Something to convince Immigration officer that she will go back to the Philippines after her visit.. Your father can also request a letter from his company saying that his role in his job is very important and he needs to go back..

As for the payment, they they can pay by money order..

On my invitation, I only put that my mother will go back to the Philippines because 1. She doesn't like cold weather that's why I chose Spring and Summer weather for her vacation and 2.) she is in-charge of my property in the Philippines (She doesn't have a property there but I have a house and lot under my name and I have a power of attorney 2 years ago that my mother is responsible of my property there. I requested a letter from my property manager stating that my mom is needed on a yearly meeting with them)

I did not use an agency but I was surprised that my mother got a 5-year tourist visa just 4 working days after she submitted her application

maine19

Apr 30, 2015
kelly0920 said:
Hi there,

My mom just got a 5 - year visa here.. She doesn't have properties and she is retired.. She's 62 and from the Philippines..

Since you are giving birth, you can put to your invitation that you want them to see you celebrate the life of your son/daughter by having them her when you give birth..Please don't put that they will take care of the baby because that's a red flag and can be subject of refusal.. Baka sabihin, gusto mo lang makalibre ng nanny.. So make sure that you put there that you're sharing your happiness with them..

Also emphasize that your mom has a retail business in the Philippines and she can't stay long in Canada. You can say that your mom's business is her baby and she can't live without it LOL.. Or it's her legacy..Something to convince Immigration officer that she will go back to the Philippines after her visit.. Your father can also request a letter from his company saying that his role in his job is very important and he needs to go back..

As for the payment, they they can pay by money order..

On my invitation, I only put that my mother will go back to the Philippines because 1. She doesn't like cold weather that's why I chose Spring and Summer weather for her vacation and 2.) she is in-charge of my property in the Philippines (She doesn't have a property there but I have a house and lot under my name and I have a power of attorney 2 years ago that my mother is responsible of my property there. I requested a letter from my property manager stating that my mom is needed on a yearly meeting with them)

I did not use an agency but I was surprised that my mother got a 5-year tourist visa just 4 working days after she submitted her application
thank you so much po this idea helped me a lot. I have few questions po ilang months po nilagay nyo sa invitation ung duration of visit? 6 mos po ba? online application po ba ginawa nyo? kau po ngsend from canada?