+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

need help : omission of travel history

Grand Jumper

Star Member
Mar 7, 2021
Hello, I applied for Canadian citizenship in 2020, but realized that I may have failed to report a trip to Cambodia in 2019, between May 19, 2019 and May 22, 2019. I am left Canada for China on May 12, 2019 (I declared this absence), and this trip to Cambodia was made during my absence for China. On my GCMS note, I see that this trip to Cambodia is not displayed, so I believe I did not report it. I don't want to hide this trip, it was a simple omission. I would like to know what to do, could I send them a new absence calculation? Can anyone give me some advice ? I called Immigration and citizenship, but the call center is closed today. Thanks.

Last edited:

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010

BadGamer6

Champion Member
Aug 9, 2019
Toronto
I think you should be fine. We all make mistakes! If you missed any trips you can always update them. Give them a call on Tuesday :)

TempResident

Star Member
May 16, 2016
Germany/Argentina
You are only required to list the travels in and out from Canada as per the Physical Presence Calculator. You are not required to report the countries you visited when you already were outside of Canada unless you lived there for more than 183 days. Therefore, you did NOT make a mistake or omit/hide information in your application since you are NOT required to report it. You are fine.

How do I use the physical presence calculator?
  • Fill in all the required information
  • Enter all dates correctly
  • List all time spent serving a sentence in Canada in the last five years
  • List all your time away from Canada, including travel for work or vacation, in the last five years

https://eservices.cic.gc.ca/rescalc/resCalcStartNew.do

Last edited:

Grand Jumper

Star Member
Mar 7, 2021
You are only required to list the travels in and out from Canada as per the Physical Presence Calculator. You are not required to report the countries you visited when you already were outside of Canada unless you lived there for more than 183 days. Therefore, you did NOT make a mistake or omit/hide information in your application since you are NOT required to report it. You are fine.

How do I use the physical presence calculator?
  • Fill in all the required information
  • Enter all dates correctly
  • List all time spent serving a sentence in Canada in the last five years
  • List all your time away from Canada, including travel for work or vacation, in the last five years

https://eservices.cic.gc.ca/rescalc/resCalcStartNew.do
This is what I thought too, when I filled the calculation form, but today I looked at the calculation page, I see this message :

«If you visited more than one country during the same absence, list the first country in 'Destination' and list the other countries in the 'Reason' field.»

But I believe when I filled the form in January 2020, there was no such indication, and that's why I didn't report the trip to Cambodia, but I can't remember exactly. Perhaps the form has been modified recently?

BadGamer6

Champion Member
Aug 9, 2019
Toronto
This is what I thought too, when I filled the calculation form, but today I looked at the calculation page, I see this message :

«If you visited more than one country during the same absence, list the first country in 'Destination' and list the other countries in the 'Reason' field.»

But I believe when I filled the form in January 2020, there was no such indication, and that's why I didn't report the trip to Cambodia, but I can't remember exactly. Perhaps the form has been modified recently?
Where did you see this information?