+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NEED HELP - must I stay in my company while waiting for my PR application?

zszxza2

Nov 28, 2016
Hi Everyone

First of all, thank you for your time. I graduated and got my diploma from British Columbia Institute of Technology(BCIT), which is a full-time, two years program from a recognised post-secondary educational institution in Canada. After graduation, I obtained my Post-Graduate Work Permit(3 years), and I moved to Saskatchewan about 1 year after graduation. Now I have obtained my provincial nomination letter and submitted my application of permanent resident. I'm currently still working in the same company/position.

My questions are the following, This is a major concern of mine:

I heard that it usually takes about 1-1.5 years before the federal government makes a decision on my case. During that period:

1). If i left my current company and changed to another company in saskatchewan, with the same job title
2). If I relocated to another province
3). If I left my current company and changed to another company in Saskatchewan, but for a different job title, for example, accountant change to bookkeeper/Assistant.

For any of the scenario listed above, would it affect the application of my PR in any ways? That is, does the federal government revoke my PR application because I couldn't stay the same status as it was when I started my application to the federal government, during their 1-1.5 years decision-making process?

I'm not saying I will definitely leave my original company that helps me for my nomination program, It's just that a year and half is a long time for me, and I can't predict the future. I just want to know If I ever have a choice or option when I'm waiting for my PR. For instance, If you say "Yes, the decision on your PR application will be affected (even the slightest chance) if you choose to leave the company/position when you are waiting for your PR", then I will never consider leaving my company even if they stopped paying me salaries and making me work 24/7. Not that my company ever did this, just an expression of my attitude. Getting PR is my priority No.1 right now, and I will make whatever sacrifices on my part if deemed necessary.

That's all my questions, thank you for your patience to read through this, and I will be very much appreciated if you could help me of my concerns.

Have a lovely day:)

Vincent