+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

need help for IMM008 generic.. non accompanying dep

launi

Oct 3, 2010
guys pls help me, i dont know wAT to do.. :(

my husband has a daughter before our marriage and will not accompany us to canada, but we declared her as his dependent and the embassy is asking for the child's passport photocopy and include her in the IMM008 generic but we can't be able to provide and get her a passport because it needs the consent of her mother, we're not in good terms of her mother and she's in saudi arabia, we're in the philippines, so we cant process her passport. and we need to fill up the IMM008 generic as being asked by the embassy. what should we do?

can we just put n/a for the following questions about passport in IMM008 generic?

is that a ground that our application will be cancelled or we cant just bring the child for future sake in canada?

is there another option like having an affidavit for not securing her passport?

please help me guys.. :( our future is at stake.. :( God Bless You..

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You can state in a letter to immigration that the child does not have a passport and why it is not possible for you to provide a passport for her. This should not be a big problem. It is however a bigger problem if the mother does not allow the child to do the medical exam. If she does not allow it, then your husband will not be able to sponsor the child later and he will have to sign a statement regarding that to immigration.

launi

Oct 3, 2010
Leon said:
You can state in a letter to immigration that the child does not have a passport and why it is not possible for you to provide a passport for her. This should not be a big problem. It is however a bigger problem if the mother does not allow the child to do the medical exam. If she does not allow it, then your husband will not be able to sponsor the child later and he will have to sign a statement regarding that to immigration.
thank you Leon for replying God Bless.. but do we need our letter (regarding unable to secure passport for my husband's dependent child) to be notarized? or in an affidavit form?

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
No, I do not think it has to be notarized. I think it's enough that he writes a letter explaining the situation. Estranged ex-wife, refusing to allow child to get a passport. Child will be listed as not-accompanying and will be able to be sponsored later if the ex-wife lightens up or when the child reaches the age of majority.

launi

Oct 3, 2010
Leon said:
No, I do not think it has to be notarized. I think it's enough that he writes a letter explaining the situation. Estranged ex-wife, refusing to allow child to get a passport. Child will be listed as not-accompanying and will be able to be sponsored later if the ex-wife lightens up or when the child reaches the age of majority.
thank you so much Leon.. you've been a blessing to us.. you really gave us a great help and hope.. God Bless you and more power.. hopefully we'll be able to get our visa.. again thank you..