+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Need help for express entry application

mehra_avi

Jun 24, 2013
Hi everyone,

I need your help in applying through the express entry . I wanted to know the steps , I need to follow.I will give my background.I am working in a well known financial firm as an analyst. I have 3 years of relevant experience. My role majorly comprises of financial data analytics . My age is 26 years.I have completed my masters from Leeds Uni and Bachelors from IP Uni. I already have WES certification .I had applied through FSW in 2013 but was turned down. And, I also have IELTS score 7.5 whereby listening 8.5 reading 7 writing 6.5 and speaking 7 , total 7.5 (took my IELTS in July 2013). I have also studied French and I am going to start B1 level from next week (but I dont have any certification besides certificate from alliance France certificated saying I have cleared it and promoted to next level)

Now , keeping in mind please help me in how should I go about applying for my expression of interest?
Should I retake my IELTS as Im somwhere in the middle of CLB9 and 8 due to my lower marks in writing?
What certification I need to have to prove my french language skills.As , I will be aiming for a job in financial sector. Does anyone has idea whats the scenario there as sitting here in India . Everyone says its great there but really hard for outsiders to get a job in Canada.

I understand I have written a whole lot of things but I will be really grateful if someone can please please please help me out.
Thanks in Advance

gurpreet.asrgndu

Jun 24, 2014
Mumbai
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
well the first step to go about applying for EE is finding if you are eligible. since you said you applied in fsw 2013 i assume you are eligible to enter the pool. i'd say start with calcualtating your points. you can find EE calculator here on canadavisa website. well yes. if you have CLB 9 or more you will have a definitely high score as language points are used in core/human factors as well as skills transferibility factors. since you have 2 degrees you can claim 100 points on skills transferfibility if you have CLB score of 9 or above in each language skill area (i.e. listening, reading, writing, speaking ) which if i'am not wrong is atleast 8/7/7/7.

as of now we don't know what is a good score but as per other discussions/thread 400 + score would be a good score. but then nobody knows. one of my friend has clb 8 and he is reappearing for IELTS. good ielts score will definitely boost score. i'd say go for CLB 9. you can make EE profile with existing score and later you can update it with new score if it is more than your current score.

regarding the scope of financial analyst that is a difficult question. some people do say that it is tough for outsiders and all but then you have to try. there is a good demand for financial analysts considering they cap out in fsw 2014 very early. you have got to try and take risk. i am in the same boat as you. working in good IT MNC in india with 4 years of experience.

to safeguard against risk you can also take sabbatical/medical leave from your company. go to canada after you get PR and see for yourself what is the situation and if it suits you carry on and if you think job market is tought or sloppy come back india and start applying jobs from here(since you will already be a PR card holder employers will consier you and invite you for interviews ).

or you can simply ask your company to send you canada if they have office in canada. though this will depend upon company rules/policies etc etc.

mehra_avi

Jun 24, 2013
Hey Gurpreet,

Thanks for replying. I really appreciate it. I will just get on applying for EE.

Does anyone have any idea abut French language skill test which needs to be taken ?

I was asking for the job scenario as when u visit the most of consultants , they tell you that everything is awesome in Canada and thousands of employers are lining up to offer you a job. Also , most of these consultants are offering there own background certification which they claim can better our chances to get a job. Has anyone come across such thing and frankly does it help. Please tell.

Thanks