+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Need Help for a real future

PJMoultrie

Nov 2, 2017
Hi. My name is Princeton Johan Moultrie. I currently stay in the United States. To be honest, I don't see any real future for this country at the rate it's going. I've tried some plans to change my life and it seems there are always road bumps/people causing me to fall off my plan. The people that sre humane seem to be stuck in the same bucket as me. I would like to be in a country that doesn't charge you your life for education and would also use what I learn and the skills I have for more then just to make a buck. Please give me any advice on how I can go about getting sponsorship for school so I can actually do some good for humanity versus being abused and used in the country I currently raised and born in. I hear a lot of good things about canada and would like to be part of a society that isn't corrupt and based off of greed.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
There really aren't any scholarships available unless you're studying at the PhD level and sometimes at the Masters level. If you are studying below the Masters level, you should expect that you will have to pay your tuition and living expenses on your own. If you want to try to secure a scholarship at the Masters or PhD level - you'll need to contact the school you plan to attend directly to find out what sort of funding they have available. Good luck.

Reactions: PJMoultrie

PJMoultrie

Nov 2, 2017
Thank you for your reply back. So I know how to work and have no issues saving up to move out of this country. What exactly are the expenses for an ascosiates and bachelors degree? Also, what would be the best area to stay in for cheaper living but stable work so I can know what to save up, how long the process would take for me to be accepted visa wise and where to go if I get accepted?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I assume you have valid status in the US? If you happen to be in the US without status - that will change things.

Canada doesn't have associate degrees. For a four year bachelor degree it will cost you at least $35K per year ($10K in living expenses and $25K in tuition). Could be more depending on the school and program you select. So you're looking at around $140K total. You'll need to show a bank account of at least $35K to be approved - and also demonstrate where you will get the other funds from.

First you have to be accepted by a school in Canada. Then you have to apply for a study permit. Processing for the study permit can take anywhere from a few days to several months.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
You may want to visit Canada. I think you will find that in many ways it is similar to the US. Without an education it will be quite difficult. I would consider attending a community college in the US and then transferring to a 4 year college if you would like to get a bachelor degree. That seems to be the most economical way to study.

PJMoultrie

Nov 2, 2017
So basically it would cost me more to get an education there then in the U.S regardless if I contribute to society or not?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
So basically it would cost me more to get an education there then in the U.S regardless if I contribute to society or not?
Yes you can find much more economical ways to get an education if you stay in the US. You also seem to have an idealized view about what living in Canada would be like so would encourage you to visit or do more research. Not saying it is a bad country but your expectations about making a living by doing good in the world will probably be very difficult. Pwehaps moving to a more liberal state might be another option for you. Best of luck.

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
What is your current education level and work experience?

Practically ALL of Canada's immigration programs require having education/skills in certain fields that Canada is looking for. You can build up your education/skills from inside Canada or while in the US. But without the proper qualifying education/work experience, you'll find immigration to Canada will not be possible.

For education, ALL foreigners (from US or anywhere else in world) are charged international student tuition fees, which are 3-4x higher than fees for Canadians/PRs. "Contributing to society" is a vague term that doesn't really mean anything, all international students are treated the same when it comes to fees. With a student visa there is usually also the limited capacity to work under certain hours/conditions, and usually after graduation you could then apply for a Post Graduate Work Permit to allow you to gain work experience to eventually apply for PR.

Reactions: KiwiNate