+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Need clarification on "Goods to Follow"

vcoer

Jul 18, 2017
Hi,
I need some help in filling up BS186 (goods to follow) form.

1. In the value column - should I write the purchase price of the items or the current - depreciated (approximated) price? If it's the later - is there a formal way to calculate it? Not sure if these methods of valuation as described in their website are relevant to this. If yes, they look very difficult to understand and implement for each item.

2. In the Conveyances section -
a) again what should be the $value of the car (Asking again because $ difference here could be BIG) - purchase price or current price?
b) they have a column asking K22 / Vehicle import form number and BSF715 number (if applicable) in this section. What are those?

Thanks

lampbreaker

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2015
Current price, use KBB or Edmunds or something like that.

Vehicle import/export is a separate process. Include the vehicle in the 'goods to follow' list, but then when you actually move it, you will have to export it from the US first and then import it into Canada.

Reactions: vcoer
Jul 29, 2019
Hi,
I need some help in filling up BS186 (goods to follow) form.

1. In the value column - should I write the purchase price of the items or the current - depreciated (approximated) price? If it's the later - is there a formal way to calculate it? Not sure if these methods of valuation as described in their website are relevant to this. If yes, they look very difficult to understand and implement for each item.

2. In the Conveyances section -
a) again what should be the $value of the car (Asking again because $ difference here could be BIG) - purchase price or current price?
b) they have a column asking K22 / Vehicle import form number and BSF715 number (if applicable) in this section. What are those?

Thanks

1. No. In theory, you should write down the market value of the item. In practice, no one will ask you for certified appraisals. So you have some flexibility with the market value of the item.

2. a) read No1. b) don't know

SAM09072019

Sep 7, 2019
Hi,

We received our PR last year in Jan-2018 and We flew to Canada for a day to complete the soft landing process. However, We didn't submit any goods to follow list. Now we are planning to move to Canada from US with our all household stuff, one Car and One SUV. will my stuff be eligible for duty-free as part of goods to follow or not. I would be driving both vehicles and Uhaul with all the stuffs.

lampbreaker

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2015
Hi,

We received our PR last year in Jan-2018 and We flew to Canada for a day to complete the soft landing process. However, We didn't submit any goods to follow list. Now we are planning to move to Canada from US with our all household stuff, one Car and One SUV. will my stuff be eligible for duty-free as part of goods to follow or not. I would be driving both vehicles and Uhaul with all the stuffs.
Yes.

Hurlabrick

Champion Member
Sep 4, 2016
Ottawa, ON
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
23-06-2016
AOR Received.
12-07-2016
File Transfer...
23-08-2016
Med's Done....
08-06-2016
Passport Req..
21-12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
24-12-2016
LANDED..........
11-04-2017
Thanks for your response! Will the custom officer will ask for goods to follow list or he would be ok if I will tell him. We are entering as settler
You have to tell him you are now landing as settler and can he deal with you GTF list.

Reactions: SAM09072019