+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Need advise on Super Visa

Kadmkv

Oct 28, 2022
Hello,

I am in process of applying Super visa for my parents. They came to Canada on single entry visa in beginning of 2021, later they got approval for 1st visitor extension for 6 months and then due to Covid 19 still around, I applied for their 2nd extension, which also got approved, which is valid until end of January 2023. However, they will be traveling back to their home country in 1st week of December this year.

My question is Can I apply for their Super visa for them as soon as they reach their home country, despite the fact their current visitor record is valid until January 2023 ??? I am confused about this and not sure what to do.

Since, I have 20 month old child and they like to spend time with him here, So I thought super visa would be good option.

Any inputs would be much appreciated.
Thank you kindly

Jets13

Dec 12, 2016
Hello,

I am in process of applying Super visa for my parents. They came to Canada on single entry visa in beginning of 2021, later they got approval for 1st visitor extension for 6 months and then due to Covid 19 still around, I applied for their 2nd extension, which also got approved, which is valid until end of January 2023. However, they will be traveling back to their home country in 1st week of December this year.

My question is Can I apply for their Super visa for them as soon as they reach their home country, despite the fact their current visitor record is valid until January 2023 ??? I am confused about this and not sure what to do.

Since, I have 20 month old child and they like to spend time with him here, So I thought super visa would be good option.

Thank you kindly
Yes, you can apply once they go back. I would be hesitant about mentioning the 20-month-old child, they might consider taking care of a grandchild as work.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello,

Thank you kindly
They should really spend time in their home country reestablishing themselves before applying for a supervisa. They aren’t allowed to move to Canada just visit and have just spent almost 2 years so should spend some time in their home country creating some ties before applying for a supervisa and visiting Canada again. Once you leave Canada it doesn’t matter when your visiting period is supposed to end. You are free to leave early and don’t have to stay the full 6 months.

anki91

Star Member
Feb 8, 2021
Hi All,

I have a query, - Can my husband - PR holder, currently residing in Canada, can apply for super visa for my parents?
I am in India currently, PR holder as well.
If you can suggest, Super visa or visitor visa would be better ?

Note: I am not sure if supervisa can be applied for inlaws or not ?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi All,

I have a query, - Can my husband - PR holder, currently residing in Canada, can apply for super visa for my parents?
I am in India currently, PR holder as well.
If you can suggest, Super visa or visitor visa would be better ?

Note: I am not sure if supervisa can be applied for inlaws or not ?
Your parents are the ones who apply, and you are the one that issues the invitation not your husband (they are your parents). You are the one who must write the letter of invitation. You can include your husband’s funds to meet LICO. If not in Canada, then apply for TRV.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/visit-canada/parent-grandparent-super-visa/eligibility.html

Reactions: anki91