+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NEED ADVICE....

jaisairam

Sep 22, 2015
HELLO TO ALL SENIORS,

SEEKING YOUR ADVICE ON MY BELOW QUERY.

I GOT MY PR WITH MY WIFE AND 3 YEAR KID. WE WENT TO CANADA FOR THREE MONTHS AND THEN CAME BACK AFTER GETTING OUR PR CARDS.

I HAVE DONE MBA AND PRESENTLY ME AND MY SPOUSE BOTH ARE WORKING IN PRIVATE JOBS IN INDIA AND ROUGHLY EARNING 1.3 LAKH PER MONTH. WE ARE IN A DILEMMA IF WE SHOULD LEAVE OUR JOBS IN INDIA PERMANENTLY AND GO TO CANADA TO SETTLE THERE OR NOT?????

REASON FOR THIS DILEMMA IS THAT WE ARE HEARING NEGATIVE FEEDBACKS (ONLINE AND IN PERSON) THAT IT IS VERY DIFFICULT TO GET SETTLED IN CANADA AS THERE ARE VERY LESS OPPORTUNITIES AVAILABLE FOR NEW IMMIGRANTS. IS IT TRUE?????

MY MAIN REASONS FOR CHOOSING CANADA WAS:

1. BETTER EDUCATION AND HEALTH CARE FACILTIES FOR MY CHILDREN.
  2. NO FOOD ADULTERATION
  3. NO POLLUTION
  4. ONE OF THE BEST COUNTRY TO LIVE AS PER DIFFERENT SURVEYS...
I AM VERY CONFUSED AS WE ARE HAVING GOOD JOBS AND EARNINGS IN INDIA, SHOULD I TAKE A CHANCE FOR THE BETTER FUTURE OF MY KIDS.... WILL IT BE WORTH GOING TO CANADA...WILL I REGRET IT LATER IF I DECIDE NOT TO GO TO CANADA ……..

PLEASE GUIDE ME.

THANKS

uppperkut

Jan 28, 2017
Somewhere in ON
First of all, WHY ARE YOU SHOUTING?

Second, it all depends on what type of work you do. Have you tried looking for jobs on Indeed, LinkedIn, etc.? No one's experience is going to be the same, even if they are in the same line of work as yours.

Third, if things don't work out, you can always go back to to India, provided that you can find a job there again.

subodhp

Jun 19, 2019
Toronto
HELLO TO ALL SENIORS,

SEEKING YOUR ADVICE ON MY BELOW QUERY.

I GOT MY PR WITH MY WIFE AND 3 YEAR KID. WE WENT TO CANADA FOR THREE MONTHS AND THEN CAME BACK AFTER GETTING OUR PR CARDS.

I HAVE DONE MBA AND PRESENTLY ME AND MY SPOUSE BOTH ARE WORKING IN PRIVATE JOBS IN INDIA AND ROUGHLY EARNING 1.3 LAKH PER MONTH. WE ARE IN A DILEMMA IF WE SHOULD LEAVE OUR JOBS IN INDIA PERMANENTLY AND GO TO CANADA TO SETTLE THERE OR NOT?????

REASON FOR THIS DILEMMA IS THAT WE ARE HEARING NEGATIVE FEEDBACKS (ONLINE AND IN PERSON) THAT IT IS VERY DIFFICULT TO GET SETTLED IN CANADA AS THERE ARE VERY LESS OPPORTUNITIES AVAILABLE FOR NEW IMMIGRANTS. IS IT TRUE?????

MY MAIN REASONS FOR CHOOSING CANADA WAS:

1. BETTER EDUCATION AND HEALTH CARE FACILTIES FOR MY CHILDREN.
  2. NO FOOD ADULTERATION
  3. NO POLLUTION
  4. ONE OF THE BEST COUNTRY TO LIVE AS PER DIFFERENT SURVEYS...
I AM VERY CONFUSED AS WE ARE HAVING GOOD JOBS AND EARNINGS IN INDIA, SHOULD I TAKE A CHANCE FOR THE BETTER FUTURE OF MY KIDS.... WILL IT BE WORTH GOING TO CANADA...WILL I REGRET IT LATER IF I DECIDE NOT TO GO TO CANADA ……..

PLEASE GUIDE ME.

THANKS
ALL THE FOUR REASONS YOU PICKED ARE TRUE REGARDLESS. SO IT SEEMS LIKE IT BOILS DOWN TO WHETHER YOU CAN FIND JOB OR NOT, GET ONLINE AND START SEARCHING FOR OPPORTUNITIES IN YOUR FIELD TO GET AN IDEA. EXPECT TO SPEND 6 MONTHS TO FIND A JOB, EXPECT TO NOT GET THE SAME RECOGNITION THAT YOUR ACADS MIGHT HAVE GOTTEN IN YOUR HOME COUNTRY. EXPECT TO HAVE TO BUILD YOUR NETWORK TO GET THE JOB YOU WANT EXPECT TO HAVE TO INITIALLY SETTLE FOR A JOB THAT DOES NOT PAY AS WELL AS WHAT A SIMILAR WORK EXPERIENCE IN CANADA MIGHT GET YOU. EXPECT TO HAVE TO REPROVE YOUR METTLE OVER NEXT FEW YEARS. IF THAT SOUNDS HARD, CHANGE IS HARD. BUT like changing the upper case in your reply, it can happen one step at a time.

mahi2020

Oct 7, 2016
Out of the below 2 which one suits you more?

1> 1st person who lives within budget, drives Maruti Alto in India and would be happy with low disposable income ?

2> 2nd person lives/spends lavishly, drives Honda City/Hyundai Elantra in India, needs a high disposable income ?

2nd person will go back within a year.

Last edited:

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
All boils down to expectation. If you have realistic expectations and both work hard you may struggle but it is possible. Cost of living in Canada is very high especially when you have young children. Many Canadian families struggle. Clearly the level of poverty is not the same as India but there are quite a few families in Canada who struggle to provide enough food for their families or struggle to provide adequate safe housing. There is also no guarantees that your family will be able to join you in Canada. Many immigrants seem to expect that everything is better in Canada but that is not the reality. We are lucky to live in Canada but there are lots of gaps in the system.

saddlepatch

Star Member
Oct 1, 2012
Sun City Center, Florida
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
19-11-2018
Doc's Request.
02-26-2019
AOR Received.
21-01-2019
Med's Request
05-02-2019
Med's Done....
08-02-2019
Passport Req..
22-03-2019
Sounds like you haven't done enough research.

Have you attempted to look for similar jobs in Canada?
Are you moving to a place in Canada that will support your family and career?
Are you willing to take the risk of having to start from scratch all over again?

If you answer no to all of these, you may want to reconsider moving to Canada.
If you answered no to the first question only: Research on Indeed and see if you're finding anything in your field or sub-fields
If you answered no to the 2nd question only: See if you can get any deposits back and re-think your location
If you answered no to the 3rd question only: You may want to reconsider moving to Canada as regardless if there is demand for your career field, this is the risk any new immigrant makes.

Even a citizen returning to Canada takes and accepts this risk, as I am.

Tourism isn't a high demand field in Canada. I lose the chance of finding the same job I have here, but I'm accepting that. I also know I have other options; I can commute, I can move closer to a major tourist area, I can try something new or a sub-field.

navinball

VIP Member
Feb 26, 2018
Out of the below 2 which one suits you more?

1> 1st person who lives within budget, drives Maruti Alto and would be happy with low disposable income ?

2> 2nd person lives/spends lavishly, drives Honda City/Hyundai Elantra, needs a high disposable income ?

2nd person will go back within a year.
spends lavishly and drives honda city/hyundai elantra? you can get those cars for 5000$ lightly used.

subodhp

Jun 19, 2019
Toronto
spends lavishly and drives honda city/hyundai elantra? you can get those cars for 5000$ lightly used.
True that, I think mahi has a point but cars is perhaps not the best example. I know folks take luxury cars on rental that are unthinkable in their home country

mahi2020

Oct 7, 2016
the context was in India. do you get alto/city here ??

Here even bmw's are affordable.

Range Rover/above are lavish spendings.

Last edited: