+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Need Advice on Name discrepancy

vaibs

Jan 25, 2018
Canada
Hello All,

I have a query and need some suggestion on Application to my Parent's Canadian Visitors visa.
I am on PR and want to apply visitor visa for my parents, but my father's first name spelling on his passport is different than what is defined on mine.
e.g.
  • First name on his passport is : Lakshman Middle_name Last_Name
  • Father's name on my password is : Laxman Middle_name Last_Name
Same discrepancy for Mother's middle name.
  • Mother's middle name on her passport is : First_Name Lakshman Last_Name
  • Mother's name on My passport is : First_Name Laxman Last_Name
Need expert advice what document I need to attach to avoid any chance of rejection and how to prove the relationship with this mismatch ?

Note : In my native language Lakshman and Laxman are written in a same way.

Appreciate any suggestion .!

Thanks

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
Do you have a birth certificate that you can translate, and ask the translator to note that the Romanization of the names can create that spelling difference?

vaibs

Jan 25, 2018
Canada
Do you have a birth certificate that you can translate, and ask the translator to note that the Romanization of the names can create that spelling difference?
yes i do have a birth certificate .. but which Spelling should I use while transletting ?
1. The one on his passport or
2. The one on mine ?

This can be done in any notary public, right ? and Any sample text I can find anywhere ?

nyc2018

Star Member
May 2, 2018
yes i do have a birth certificate .. but which Spelling should I use while transletting ?
2. The one on mine ?

This can be done in any notary public, right ? and Any sample text I can find anywhere ?
What did you use , I have the same problem

HoneymoonSG

Sep 15, 2018
2. The one on mine ?

hello

I'm in same name issue situation
Can you tell me what you did ?