+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Need advice & guidance for student visa

Akash Mehta

Oct 12, 2015
I have completed BE Mech with 8.4 CGPA and having work experience of 8+ years in an automotive industry. While working, I did my MBA in operations management (Part time). IELTS score is 7 (Overall).

I have few queries related to my student visa route to Canada.

1. Since I have already completed MBA, will my Canada study visa get rejected if I apply?.
2. If I have to select a course and college, which will be your suggestion based on my profile?
3. Will taking one year graduate certificate course help me in applying PR, right after completing it, or do I need to apply another one yr course to apply for PR through CEC?.

Pls give your guidance in the aforementioned queries.

thaovy99

Jun 26, 2019
1. Depends on the program you choose. If you can show evidence that the intended Canadian program contributes to your professional advancement, it may get approved.
2. However, after an MBA, college degree is a step backward not forward. So you may want to do another Master or a PhD.
3. Depends on what immigration program you're looking at. What is your CRS score right now for Express Entry? In general, yes, a Canadian degree gives you more points so you have more chance to get invited. However, CEC is Canadian Experience Class, so in order to be eligible under CEC, you will have to have at least 1 year work experience inside Canada.
And it's all about chance. You may have the chance to apply for PR. Either you will be granted PR status or not, it's another issue. If you want to go under EE, aim for 470+ CRS score. Good luck.

Last edited: