Nov 30, 2020
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
18-06-2020
AOR Received.
18-06-2020
Passport Req..
19-11-2020
Hi, I would be moving to GTA in couple of months and would be doing an internal company transfer to their Canada Branch.

Me, my wife and a 3 year old are all set to make the move. We live in an apartment and total valuation of the stuff would be around 2k usd. including bed, sofa, tv, etc.

I also have a Car which I would be importing.

We have already got Canada PRs in hand and also SIN. But when we made softlanding last year, CBSA officer didnt give us a GTF and told to bring when we permanantly move.

Earlier this year, when coming from dubai to chicago, we had an issue with the emirates flight and we were routed to winnipeg for a day and we stayed there, upon landing there since I had a PR card in hand, I scanned it and others went through some temporary visa section. Not sure if this would come up in my travel history.

Now I have a couple of questions to seek advice from seniors here the best way to move out of the options I thought of:

1. Uhaul truck for all the stuff costs around 2k excluding car, which doesnt make sense to me to spend that amount since the worth of the stuff itself isnt that much. With wife and kid still in usa, I have to first drive the truck, unload the stuff in canada, come back to usa and we three go by car.
  2. Or, I would drive with the truck and the car towing behind it, and my wife and kid would be coming by flight. As I said above, we already have PR cards but since we scanned them during the emergency landing in winnipeg, would it matter that we make the permanant move together vs my wife and kid would be coming by flight and I go by road with the GTF.
  3. For point #1, my friend who is generous enough to help has applied for canadian visitor visa, if his visa goes through the plan is that he comes along with me to help me out with the driving process. Not sure if CBSA officer would question if he travels along with me who is making a permanant move.
  4. Sell the big stuff here, and have remaining kitchen items or necessary items which we can tow using our car and a rented trailer. This way me and wife should manage the driving. This is a cheaper option but only contingency is the weight should be not more than 1000lbs.
  5. Spoke with a shipping company and they quoted 5,000 USD for the stuff to be moved, again excluding the car. I am still thinking if its worth, but this way they take care of the stuff and we have to just drive by car.
  6. My wife is applying for jobs, and she is getting calls. In case if she gets a job in this month, then she is planning to move first, stay there for a month and come here on a weekend to help me out. In this case, should I be travelling along with her to get the GTF signed and then I can come back and take the stuff?
  7. The move would be from Chicago to GTA and this would be end of october, some of my friends suggested that it would be snowing in Detroit, not sure if thats true and also how it would be from windsor to GTA also I am not sure, Would it be risky driving on the road?
Please share your suggestions or advice. thank you