+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Need Advice about Living Expenses in Edmonton Alberta

wasee23

Oct 16, 2011
Hi,

I am living in London and planing to move to Edmonton Alberta, can anyone please tell me how much are the living expenses over there?

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
This is about Calgary, which is similar:

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/average-monthly-living-expenses-in-calgary-t78316.0.html

Hollaar

Dec 5, 2011
wasee23 said:
Hi,

I am living in London and planing to move to Edmonton Alberta, can anyone please tell me how much are the living expenses over there?
As for utilities - most apartments include heat and water but you must pay for your own electricity, phone, cable tv and internet. You will need tenants insurance which is very reasonable - approx $25.00 per month. Electricity cost may be about $75.00 but double that if you rent a house. Most apartments have a laundry room where you can pay for do loads of laundry: cost for washing and drying 1 load approx $3.00

You will find that there are lots of users fees in Alberta - everything from the extra school fees, registry fees when getting driver's and auto licenses, medical insurance though basic medical will be eliminated in Jan/09 but there are lots of hidden fees.

Groceries have been steadily going up so with a family of 4 expect to pay a minimum of $400 per month. Don't forget about school lunches for both your children. Eating out you may expect to pay for a decent meal including beverage, taxes, tip for 1 person $25 - $40 and up depending on the restaurant.

$25,000 to $35000 is an expected cost for a new vehicle plus insurance which is approx $2000 per year for a new drivers. You will have to apply for an Alberta driver's license.