+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NCOV emergency care benefit for TFW

ghel

Star Member
Oct 17, 2019
does anybody here have an idea if we (TFW) is qualified to the EI benefits? thanks

chasingadalia

Star Member
Jun 22, 2017
I’ve been trying to figure that out. Some places say yes (because I meet the other requirements and have been temporarily laid off) and others also have no idea.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I’ve been trying to figure that out. Some places say yes (because I meet the other requirements and have been temporarily laid off) and others also have no idea.
To the best of my knowledge you qualify provided you work permit is still valid and you have worked the number of insurable hours required to qualify (typically 600-700 hours).

ghel

Star Member
Oct 17, 2019
because i tried to get an EI before when i got my open surgery , but my employer didn't allow me, because she told me that i'm only a TFW.

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth
because i tried to get an EI before when i got my open surgery , but my employer didn't allow me, because she told me that i'm only a TFW.
That doesn’t make sense . Has your employer been contributing to the CRA with your payroll deductions? How long is your permit for ? How many hours did you work prior to your surgery? There are a minimum amount of hours required to qualify , as well as when you’re permit expires. Has your employer issued you a T4 for the previous year ?
Did your employer issue you a record of employment showing your reason for the employment disruption as sickness ?
If you’ve worked the minimum amount of hours to qualify, you do not need your employers authorization to apply for EI
You’d go online and apply as usual if you qualify . If there’s a issue with your ROE someone from Service Canada will call your employer and question why they have not issued you a ROE for the time period you’re off due to illness . Do you have a medical certificate issued by a Doctor?
I looked at your previous postings and time frame
-just want to share my timeline.
INLAND APPLICATION

December 13,2019 - Submitted my application
December 17, 2019 - Biometrics done
No interview , No additional documents needed
March 5, 2020 - Approved application ( online )

Were you just approved ?

Last edited: