August 22, 2011
Passport Req..
February 6, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
February 23, 2012
LANDED..........
Tentatively on May 2012. See Ya'll! ;)
Hi Guys

I am sponsoring my parents under PGP and applied in May 2019. My father is the PA. Today I have received a medical request email from CIC. They are also asking for a new NBI clearance valid within 6 months, and an updated IM5669 form. My parents are both in Canada right now with valid TRV. I have scheduled them to see a panel physician to do their medical exam on September 12, 2022. I just have a concern with their NBI clearance request as it has a "No Criminal Record" remarks.

As per the letter from CIC;

If the NBI Clearance shows any of the following remarks: Record as Stated, No Criminal Record, or No
Pending Case, you must also submit:

 Certification issued by the NBI outlining all criminal charges/cases including the description of
the charge, date when the charge was filed and the disposition of the charge (you may present this
letter to the NBI when securing the certification);
 Own written detailed account of circumstances surrounding and leading up to the criminal charges
listed on the NBI certification;
 Regardless if case is dismissed or ongoing, all court documents relating to the criminal cases listed
which include but are not limited to police report/blotter, court transcripts, and court judgments.

It's a long story but we're thinking this is related to a rape case filed against my father in 2018. Someone was trying to extort money from him and set him up. His case went on trial in court where he appeared together with his lawyer. The plaintiff or any of her representatives never attended any of the hearings and the case was eventually dismissed a couple of months later due to lack of evidence.

Is there anyone here who had the same experience? How will this affect their application? and has anyone tried requesting for a NBI certification from within Canada?

Thank you and I hope someone could enlighten us on this matter

Nadine29

Oct 29, 2016
Hi Guys

I am sponsoring my parents under PGP and applied in May 2019. My father is the PA. Today I have received a medical request email from CIC. They are also asking for a new NBI clearance valid within 6 months, and an updated IM5669 form. My parents are both in Canada right now with valid TRV. I have scheduled them to see a panel physician to do their medical exam on September 12, 2022. I just have a concern with their NBI clearance request as it has a "No Criminal Record" remarks.

If the NBI Clearance shows any of the following remarks: Record as Stated, No Criminal Record, or No

 Certification issued by the NBI outlining all criminal charges/cases including the description of
the charge, date when the charge was filed and the disposition of the charge (you may present this
 Own written detailed account of circumstances surrounding and leading up to the criminal charges
 Regardless if case is dismissed or ongoing, all court documents relating to the criminal cases listed
which include but are not limited to police report/blotter, court transcripts, and court judgments.

It's a long story but we're thinking this is related to a rape case filed against my father in 2018. Someone was trying to extort money from him and set him up. His case went on trial in court where he appeared together with his lawyer. The plaintiff or any of her representatives never attended any of the hearings and the case was eventually dismissed a couple of months later due to lack of evidence.

Is there anyone here who had the same experience? How will this affect their application? and has anyone tried requesting for a NBI certification from within Canada?

Hello,did you sort things out?I have the same issue

Thebossbee

Mar 7, 2024
Hi Guys

Any update on your case? Did your Dad got his visa?