+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

nanny

habi1

Star Member
Mar 5, 2018
Hello, We're PRs and plan on moving to Canada this spring. We wanted to bring our nanny with us as she is a part of our family. Could somebody please help me? Is there a way to do this?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
No. She has to immigrate on her own merits. When you arrive you can apply to hire her as a temporary worker but you have to first show you could not hire anyone in Canada. The advertisements must be in local job banks for at least a month. You must show you will pay a wage that is in line with provincial averages. You set up a business registration number to pay her salary with deductions for taxes, CPP etc. It will take many months.

Reactions: Garry_Parmar

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
As previously indicated there is no way for her to move with you. Once in Canada you can attempt to hire her but there will be a large period of time where you will need to find alternate care.

Garry_Parmar

May 31, 2018
Hi Habi,

Did you find the answer to your query ? I'm looking for the same. I want to hire I nanny from my country as I trust her and she is a part of our family. If you got the answer and the process, please let me know on this thread as well.

Thank you,
Garry

Garry_Parmar

May 31, 2018
No. She has to immigrate on her own merits. When you arrive you can apply to hire her as a temporary worker but you have to first show you could not hire anyone in Canada. The advertisements must be in local job banks for at least a month. You must show you will pay a wage that is in line with provincial averages. You set up a business registration number to pay her salary with deductions for taxes, CPP etc. It will take many months.
Hi Naturgrl, I hope you are doing well in these unprecedented times. I was not able to understand the business registration part. I own an accounting business, do I have to redo business registration again or might be I misunderstood this part. My apologies, if this seems like a silly question.
Could you please help to find out the clear process to immigrate a nanny to Canada.
Thank you,
Garry

intuitive

Jun 11, 2020
Hi Habi,

Did you find the answer to your query ? I'm looking for the same. I want to hire I nanny from my country as I trust her and she is a part of our family. If you got the answer and the process, please let me know on this thread as well.

Thank you,
Garry
HI GARRY,

IF YOU ARE A ELIGIBLE employer & he or she is eligible for this program good to go . if she under HCCP then need to hurry before reach quota 2750/year.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-0104-home-care-support.html