+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

My work permit expired on March 2, and I submitted the extension on March 2. Should I apply restore rather than extension?

Yisen

Nov 24, 2021
Dear Canada Visa members,

Thanks very much for your help in advice. I am in a big trouble now.

My work permit expired on March 2, 2022. I submitted the application for extending my working permit on March 2. The secretary gived me the new job offer really late. After that I didn't hear any news about my application. In general, IRCC should give me a letter indicating I can work. But I never receive this letter.

I called IRCC for multiple times and asked IRCC through the web form, never be answered.

Did I applied the wrong program? Should I begin to apply to restore my working permit? Thanks so much for all your helps!

Best regards, Yisen

Last edited:

Yisen

Nov 24, 2021
When I applied the extension of my working permit, it reminds me have to submit the application on March 2, the last day of my working permit. However, when I input the date on my working permit, it said the end of my working permit has to be at least one day before today. Therefore, I actually changed the date from March 2 to March 3 in order to validate the application document. I am not sure what is going on here? Am I legitimate to apply the extension of my working permit or not?

Yisen

Nov 24, 2021
Solved by CanadaVisa advisor Daniel Levy. I have to apply to restore my working permit.

Thanks so much!

AnNaomi

Aug 18, 2023
Hi Yisen,

I’m in the same situation right now, i applied for the extension on the same day of expiry, but according to the universal time it was already next day.So I sent request to withdraw my application and applied to restore my status.
How much the processing time it was after you applied to restore you’re work permit?

Thank you, Anna

Last edited: