+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

My Strategy for PR, Student Visa for a year ---> PR

pompom

Apr 26, 2006
Indonesia
Hi everybody,

I am currently living in Indonesia with a wife and a daughter. I've been thinking lately to bring my family to Canada so they could experience living in a developed country. I hope they could learn both English and France in the process.

However, I am a little bit turned down when I look at the time needed to process the visa. So I am thinking that to cut short the process, I need to study my master in Canada. Hopefully, I will be admitted for one year student visa. As soon as I arrived in Canada I will send my application for PR there. Which could save me sometimes rather than applying from Singapore, which could take up to 4 years :( .

Is it OK? Anybody have succeeded with this strategy?

Please Reply
POMPOM

andy

Star Member
Apr 16, 2006
Houston, Texas
Hi pompom.....MERDEKA

Hire a Canadian lawyer and ask him to file your PR at Buffalo, USA.
This helps you if they ask for an interview so you just cross the border rather than fly to Singapore. Start do it now from Jakarta, do not wait till you arrive in Canada because it safe your time.
Do not forget to make police certificate from MABES POLRI while you are still in Indonesia, it is also safe your time and money when later on the Canadian Consulate ask for it.
If you need more info do not hesitate to post it. They are many viewers here in this forum who have more experience and knowledge than me can help you. Good luck.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

andy said:
Hi pompom.....MERDEKA

Hire a Canadian lawyer and ask him to file your PR at Buffalo, USA.
This helps you if they ask for an interview so you just cross the border rather than fly to Singapore. Start do it now from Jakarta, do not wait till you arrive in Canada because it safe your time.
Do not forget to make police certificate from MABES POLRI while you are still in Indonesia, it is also safe your time and money when later on the Canadian Consulate ask for it.
If you need more info do not hesitate to post it. They are many viewers here in this forum who have more experience and knowledge than me can help you. Good luck.
He cannot apply to Buffalo, until he has been admitted to Canada for 1 year, so he has to get his student visa first, arrive in Canada and then apply to Buffalo. YOu should not the Buffalo processing times as well.

PMM

pompom

Apr 26, 2006
Indonesia
He cannot apply to Buffalo, until he has been admitted to Canada for 1 year, so he has to get his student visa first, arrive in Canada and then apply to Buffalo. YOu should not the Buffalo processing times as well.

PMM
Thanks for your swift response Andy and PMM. Really appreciated.
So I am not allowed to apply from inside Canada (CPC Vegreville), am I?
If that's the case, then would it be better if I go to Australia for study and apply from there, which obviously have shorter processing time than buffalo.

One more thing PMM, what is the meaning of inadmissible person? Can I apply a temporary resident first then become PR? Just wondering if the time needed to process my PR is longer than my permit to study in Canda, do I have to leave the country?

Thanks,

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

pompom said:

PMM
Thanks for your swift response Andy and PMM. Really appreciated.
So I am not allowed to apply from inside Canada (CPC Vegreville), am I?
If that's the case, then would it be better if I go to Australia for study and apply from there, which obviously have shorter processing time than buffalo.

One more thing PMM, what is the meaning of inadmissible person? Can I apply a temporary resident first then become PR? Just wondering if the time needed to process my PR is longer than my permit to study in Canda, do I have to leave the country?

Thanks,
1. You can't apply to Vegreville, it is for "in-canada" spousal applications and visitor/worker/student extensions
2. Inadmissibility in a nutshell, is criminal convictions, misrep on applications, security, health and a number of other grounds.
3. No CIC will not allow you 2/3 years in Canada a visitor while your PR application is being processed.

PMM

pompom

Apr 26, 2006
Indonesia
1. You can't apply to Vegreville, it is for "in-canada" spousal applications and visitor/worker/student extensions
2. Inadmissibility in a nutshell, is criminal convictions, misrep on applications, security, health and a number of other grounds.
3. No CIC will not allow you 2/3 years in Canada a visitor while your PR application is being processed.

PMM
Thanks again for your helpful answer. I have one more question to finish this thread. Assuming that after I have finished my master and my PR is still in the process. I think I might go back to Indonesia to work while waiting for my PR. My question is Would they send my PR application to Singapore which will take longer time? or am I still communicating with Buffallo?
Hope you will answer this question.

Thanks again for your help PMM

andy

Star Member
Apr 16, 2006
Houston, Texas
Hi pompom....

Sorry I gave you a bad advice. I taught it is ok to apply to buffalo even though you are still in indonesia.
Since PMM say so, he is right. He is the best in this forum.
Best of luck to you in your endeavors.

[/code]

jozef

Apr 27, 2006
Hi,

I have couple of questions.
1. If I have all the documents besides the FBI criminal record history can I send my application to Buffalo?
2. What does my relative need to do so she counts in "adaptability" section. I mean waht kind of documents etc...

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

pompom said:

PMM
Thanks again for your helpful answer. I have one more question to finish this thread. Assuming that after I have finished my master and my PR is still in the process. I think I might go back to Indonesia to work while waiting for my PR. My question is Would they send my PR application to Singapore which will take longer time? or am I still communicating with Buffallo?
Hope you will answer this question.

Thanks again for your help PMM
1. No, as long as you keep a mailing address in Canada and are able to enter the US if an interview is required. Also remember Buffalo will only mail passports to the US and Canada.

PMM

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

jozef said:
Hi,

I have couple of questions.
1. If I have all the documents besides the FBI criminal record history can I send my application to Buffalo?
2. What does my relative need to do so she counts in "adaptability" section. I mean waht kind of documents etc...
1. Have you been admitted to either the US or Canada for 1 year? If so then you can submit your application to Buffalo.
2. You must prove relationship, you don't say what the relationship is, so for example if it is your aunt (mother's sister) you would need you mothers birth certificate, your aunts birth certificate showing the same parents. You would need proof of the Aunt's status in Canada, PR Card, citizenship, proof she was living in Canada, e.g. utility bills, rent whatever. And if she is married a copy of the marriage certificate, showing the maiden name.

PS rather than adding to a thread with different questions, start a new one, less complicated.

PMM

jozef

Apr 27, 2006
just a question I posed earlier:

I have all the documents. The only thing I am missing is the criminal history record from FBI. Can I send that later or do I need to wait for it since it takes a long time(approx. 8 weeks)?

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

jozef said:
just a question I posed earlier:

I have all the documents. The only thing I am missing is the criminal history record from FBI. Can I send that later or do I need to wait for it since it takes a long time(approx. 8 weeks)?
I would wait for as Buffalo has a tendency to return application as incomplete.

PMM

imcool1

Star Member
Mar 3, 2014
india
Visa Office......
New delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2 july 2014
IELTS Request