+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

my spouse sponsorship takinggg too long helppp!!

DollyM

Jul 6, 2016
Middle of Nowhere, Perth, Western Australia
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-07-2016
Doc's Request.
29-07-2016
AOR Received.
02-09-2016
File Transfer...
31 August 2016
Med's Done....
25-07-2016
12 months is not a guarantee, it's an average. If you're from a high risk country or if there is anything not straightforward with your application then it will probably take longer. What your friends application looks like has absolutely nothing to do with your application.

I am also a Canadian citizen who sponsored my dual British/Australian citizen spouse and our application took 15 months. Yes, it's a long time to wait, but you can visit your spouse or he can visit you while you wait.

Reactions: Nina12

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Thank you will try that today and see what's going on
And you should get after your lawyer or representative. That sounds a long time to have no further communication. It may help to ask the lawyer for specific things like the printout or screenshot from gcms. And you can check ecas yourself as well.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi I am a Canadian Citizen and just got married over 2 years ago and applied for my husband to get his PR under my sponsorship more than a year ago. I received my file number and it is written "We received you application on April 24, 2019".
(by the way both my husband and I live together outside of Canada and waiting for his PR approval so we move there together. ITS bEEN 10 MONTHS and still no request for medical exam or biometrics at all! my friend applied the same time for her husband and they have already been for their medical and biometrics. This is worrying me. On the CIC website it says 12 months for spousal sponsorship including biometric and everything. but its 10 months and nothing yet. Has this happened to anyone? pleasee HELP!
Where is your husband from? There are som countries that are notorious for taking much longer to sponsor like Iran, often Pakistan, etc.

Hfsn

Feb 25, 2020
And you should get after your lawyer or representative. That sounds a long time to have no further communication. It may help to ask the lawyer for specific things like the printout or screenshot from gcms. And you can check ecas yourself as well.
yea i called yesterday and spoke firmly about an update because i believe that I should here something about now but i read all what everyone here wrote and tried to help me with and im just trying to keep my calm and relax until i get further updates. because it's just such a bad time and i just want to be able to go and become stable with my husband

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
yea i called yesterday and spoke firmly about an update because i believe that I should here something about now but i read all what everyone here wrote and tried to help me with and im just trying to keep my calm and relax until i get further updates. because it's just such a bad time and i just want to be able to go and become stable with my husband
Yes, I understand and it is difficult. But still, I'm a bit surprised that there have been so few updates. It may be normal, I do not know, but not all lawyers/representatives are good at communicating.

Note, typo on my part above, I should have written gckey above, not gcms. Although that raises a separate point, you can apply for the gcms notes through access to information. Someone in Canada needs to do it with permission from the principal applicant, but there's no harm in doing so (you could do it yourself cheaper than asking your lawyer), and it's only $5 I think. Warning that the gcms notes are not magic and may not answer your questions, but it is possible getting the info would help.