+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

My parents wish to visit me

tlt

Nov 23, 2020
Hi all,

I am pregnant and my parents from China is very excited and would like to come to Canada to help me out. I am a Canadian. They have valid passport plus valid visitor visa. They will be expecting to stay in Canada for 5 months or more. I read the IRCC website and it seems to be okay, but I want to confirm as the word is a bit confusing. Please advise.

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Sure as immediate family members according the guidelines they can travel as long as they ensure that they also follow the instructins to demonstrate to both the airline and CBSA on arrival that they are the parents of a Canadian citizen. Of course they will need to show CBSa their 14 day isolation plan when they arrive so you need to plan for that, even more important when involving somone who is pregnant. As for how long they can stay this of course is determined by CBSA on arrival

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/service-delivery/coronavirus/travel-restrictions.html#family-members