+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

My Judicial Review Experience (without a lawyer)

NextDoor

Mar 6, 2016
Hi everyone,

I wanna share my experience, since the processing time is very long now, i suppose some applicants may have faced CIC's unfair/unreasonable treatment, like I had Cry. Here's how I solved my problem and get my PGWP back.

I submitted my PGWP application on June last year online, and CIC refused it on Dec, due to without receiving the $100 open work permit holder fee (When I applied it, the option was missing, and CIC asked me just to wait for the payment request letter from them, but after 6 months, they refused my application without sending me the payment request letter.).

I did transfer the $100 on Oct., even still haven't got the email from them, but they refused to accept the money, and kept insisting that I only have to pay after received that email.

I called CIC to let them know they didn't send me any email, shouldn't refuse my application directly, since they do offer that email to other applicants. But they don't care, they said the only way I can do is to apply for restoration, which means I have to pay all fees again+ $200 restoration fee.

It's vary unfair, so I went Federal Court and applied for Judicial Review, but at the mean time, I applied for restoration as well.

Now, I have got the settlement letter from CIC's lawyer.

Just let everyone knows, if CIC refused your applications, due to their own problem. Judicial Review will be your another choice, and it will be faster then applying for restoration (cause the processing time is ridiculously long now).

You can cancel your second application (the one for restoration), if they haven't worked on it, you can get your money back.

BTW, I didn't find a lawyer to help me to apply for judicial review , I presented myself, so only costs me $50, and your visa refuse record will be deleted as well.

Fight for your rights, don't let CIC bully you!!!

paras1991

Jun 26, 2015
Mississauga, ON
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-08-2015
Doc's Request.
RCMP -23 Sep, submitted-23 Sep 2015
AOR Received.
20-8-2015
Med's Done....
29 Aug-Passed
Passport Req..
07 jan 2016
LANDED..........
30 jan 2016
can you explain more about presenting yourself...i though that only a lawyer can represent you... Can you explain the process please?

NextDoor

Mar 6, 2016
paras1991 said:
can you explain more about presenting yourself...i though that only a lawyer can represent you... Can you explain the process please?
Just write down your name as the applicant and the solicitor for Applicant.

imarchuang

Star Member
Aug 13, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ontario
NOC Code......
Master Stream Program
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-03-2016
Doc's Request.
HOPEFULLY NO
Nomination.....
HOPEFULLY SOON
AOR Received.
HOPEFULLY SOON
IELTS Request
SENT WITHIN APPLICATION
Thanks a lot for sharing this. I think I probably need to go for this as well

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
Awesome effort, congrats on getting your right and kudos for caring to post that back here. +1

May 2, 2011
Hi Nextdoor,

Can you please explain how do you ask for Juridical review? is there any link from where I can read about this process?

Also, did you try using Case specific inquiry? I was told by CIC agent to contact their Operations Support Center in Ottawa to ask for reconsideration.

Regards,

Ali

NextDoor

Mar 6, 2016
virtuallypresent said:
Hi Nextdoor,

Can you please explain how do you ask for Juridical review? is there any link from where I can read about this process?

Also, did you try using Case specific inquiry? I was told by CIC agent to contact their Operations Support Center in Ottawa to ask for reconsideration.

Regards,

Ali

-download the Judicial review application forms
http://cas-cdc-www02.cas-satj.gc.ca/portal/page/portal/fc_cf_en/Applications

-How to File an Application for Judicial Review?
http://cas-cdc-www02.cas-satj.gc.ca/portal/page/portal/fc_cf_en/ApplicationJR

-Timelines for your Judicial Review Procedures (scroll down to read the charts)
http://cas-cdc-www02.cas-satj.gc.ca/portal/page/portal/fc_cf_en/Rules

I contacted CIC right after I've got my refusal letter, but they told me, they not gonna change their mind since my account was closed already, and that's why I filed it to the court.

NextDoor

Mar 6, 2016
vness said:
How long does Judicial review take?
It depends on how long it takes you to file your docs and if CIC want to settle with you after reviewed your affidavit. On my case, it took me around 2 months.

Greeny786

Champion Member
Jul 12, 2021
i got settlement in 2 weeks and then file reopened in 30 days now waiting decision, details in my signature,,, it was without lawyer, all learnt from court website, took 2 months to learnt , slowly slowy started and then yes i won it without lawyer, Alhamdolillah, study permit from UAE

jeeneet

Star Member
Sep 2, 2020
Hi everyone,

I wanna share my experience, since the processing time is very long now, i suppose some applicants may have faced CIC's unfair/unreasonable treatment, like I had Cry. Here's how I solved my problem and get my PGWP back.

I submitted my PGWP application on June last year online, and CIC refused it on Dec, due to without receiving the $100 open work permit holder fee (When I applied it, the option was missing, and CIC asked me just to wait for the payment request letter from them, but after 6 months, they refused my application without sending me the payment request letter.).

I did transfer the $100 on Oct., even still haven't got the email from them, but they refused to accept the money, and kept insisting that I only have to pay after received that email.

I called CIC to let them know they didn't send me any email, shouldn't refuse my application directly, since they do offer that email to other applicants. But they don't care, they said the only way I can do is to apply for restoration, which means I have to pay all fees again+ $200 restoration fee.

It's vary unfair, so I went Federal Court and applied for Judicial Review, but at the mean time, I applied for restoration as well.

Just let everyone knows, if CIC refused your applications, due to their own problem. Judicial Review will be your another choice, and it will be faster then applying for restoration (cause the processing time is ridiculously long now).

You can cancel your second application (the one for restoration), if they haven't worked on it, you can get your money back.

BTW, I didn't find a lawyer to help me to apply for judicial review , I presented myself, so only costs me $50, and your visa refuse record will be deleted as well.

Lawyer contact please

Urgonnabeokme

Sep 20, 2020
Hi everyone,

what is the difference between restoration and juridical review