+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

My ex wife from US won't cooperate with my application for PR

Lucas25

Apr 15, 2017
I had a previous marriage in US and was prompt to go back to Philippines after we separated. My children at the time were only 6, 4, and 2 I have not seen them until I found them in social accounts in the internet 2 years ago. I am now in the process of applying for permanent residency in Canada, but my worry is that my ex wife is not cooperating with the papers I will need, such as my eldest son who is now 19 who needs to sign a family information and them to have medical examination as well, they just won't cooperate and doesn't want to do anything about it which I totally understand. But how can I proceed with my application please advise.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Your 19 year old son doesn't need to sign anything or go through the medical. Only your children 18 years of age and under are required to go through the medical. Does your wife have sole custody of the children legally? Have you tried contacting her to ask that the children go through the medical?

Lucas25

Apr 15, 2017
thank you for responding, yes I tried telling her that I will need her cooperation to bring my children for medical examination her response was she doesn't want to do anything about it. Now, would her response from the conversation thru messenger suffice as a proof that I can't get it done because its impossible to do it if my ex wife won't cooperate at all.

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
Lucas25 said:
thank you for responding, yes I tried telling her that I will need her cooperation to bring my children for medical examination her response was she doesn't want to do anything about it. Now, would her response from the conversation thru messenger suffice as a proof that I can't get it done because its impossible to do it if my ex wife won't cooperate at all.
You can try to show in your application that she is unwilling to cooperate.

You would also need to include an affidavit that you are willingly excluding your kids from the application, and that you're fully aware you will NEVER be able to sponsor them in the future under any circumstance.

In general IRCC does not like doing this, since if something were to happen to the mom you could not get the children to Canada to take care of them. However they should eventually allow it, especially if you can show it will be impossible to get their cooperation.