+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

My emploeyer doesn't need me anymore, PR papers in process

ella7

Oct 2, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi experts,

I m under LI caregiver category and My PR application started to process on 22nd March 2010. My employer doesnt need a caregiver any more, I m so confused and afraid, is this going to affect my papers if I lose the job, because my papers on process?
I m sure I will be recieved my OWP within next 3months and I am a single applicant. I m not going to work for any employer during this time and is that ok to be unemployed untill OWP recieved?
I m going to live with my commonlaw partner, and he will be help me financially until my OWP.
Please tell me is my decision would effect my papers?

Thank you

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
ella7 said:
Hi experts,

I m under LI caregiver category and My PR application started to process on 22nd March 2010. My employer doesnt need a caregiver any more, I m so confused and afraid, is this going to affect my papers if I lose the job, because my papers on process?
I m sure I will be recieved my OWP within next 3months and I am a single applicant. I m not going to work for any employer during this time and is that ok to be unemployed untill OWP recieved?
I m going to live with my commonlaw partner, and he will be help me financially until my OWP.
Please tell me is my decision would effect my papers?

Thank you
Find a new employer. Is your work permit still valid? You can stay and find an employer and apply once you have your LMO. It takes about 5-6 months for the OWP.

ella7

Oct 2, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
thanks for quick reply
ya my work permit expires on january 2011. I know processing time is 6months, 3 months already gone(cic recieved my application on jan 14th and started processing on march 22nd), I have to wait only 3months for the OWP.
The thing is actually I dont want to sign a new contract again, I fedup with caregiving, :'( never ever do it agin after my OWP. If I find a employer again and sign a contract, its take time around 2months I think(LMO processing time+work permit processing time)
Is that oki to be unemployed during those 3months? does visa officer call me to confirm my job status?

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
ella7 said:
thanks for quick reply
ya my work permit expires on january 2011. I know processing time is 6months, 3 months already gone(cic recieved my application on jan 14th and started processing on march 22nd), I have to wait only 3months for the OWP.
The thing is actually I dont want to sign a new contract again, I fedup with caregiving, :'( never ever do it agin after my OWP. If I find a employer again and sign a contract, its take time around 2months I think(LMO processing time+work permit processing time)
Is that oki to be unemployed during those 3months? does visa officer call me to confirm my job status?
Hmm not really. I don't think the officers do. Well you can legally stay here and wait out your OWP. So you'll probably receive your OWP July. don't know if you can apply for EI, though. Probably those who had experience applying for PR under LCP without an employer can give better suggestions.

ella7

Oct 2, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks Jobseeker.
Is there anyone under processing PR, having same situation, please post your experiences. Thank you!