+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

My daugther is Canadian, I am Mexican

MariaZ

Mar 2, 2011
My daughter is Canadian, 4 years old and I am Mexican. We are living in USA right now , any suggestion to apply for canadian permanent resident considering she is a Canadian citizen? I have seen other options (skilled worker, and so on, but I do not meet their requirements).

Thanks in advance!

Morena

Star Member
Jul 2, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-02- 2011
Doc's Request.
29-03-2011
AOR Received.
13-07-2011
File Transfer...
23-03-2011
Med's Done....
21-09-2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
20-10-2011
VISA ISSUED...
9-11-2011
LANDED..........
Soon!!!
Hi. I think the best option is if you have a canadian citizen husband living in Canada or abroad or a permanent resident husband living in Canada that can sponsor you. For immigration purposes you will have to proof your relationship is genuine. Having a canadian daugther 4 years old will not help you now. She will be able to sponsor you when she reach 18 years old. I have a canadian son too! Good luck!

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
MariaZ said:
My daughter is Canadian, 4 years old and I am Mexican. We are living in USA right now , any suggestion to apply for canadian permanent resident considering she is a Canadian citizen? I have seen other options (skilled worker, and so on, but I do not meet their requirements).

Thanks in advance!
She is too young to sponsor you - I think she has to be 18 years old before she can sponsor anyone.

boasorte

Aug 3, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Halifax
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
MariaZ said:

Thanks in advance!
Right now, there's no way your daughter can sponsor you to Canada. But if you are married to a Canadian or a PR holder then he/she can sponsor you through spouse sponsorship. Or you can also do the federal process(skilled worker) in the future, when you meet their requirements. good luck! :)

martha marita

Aug 1, 2007
How did your daughter get Canadian citizenship if i may ask. Can the mother sponsor you or you she is not citizen. 4 year old has to turn 18 to be eligible to sponsor parents.