+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

My Citizenship application returned

BOXSIR

Nov 30, 2013
Hi All

I applied for citizenship in October 14 as family with my daughter 3.5 years old.
Application came back to me last week with two seperate queries:
1- On my application (Adult). following is the excat wording:
"Missing information as highlighted on section 6G about “Children’s education history in the last 4 years (if Applicable)”

As my daughter is under age for school and never atteneded any schoool , I have no school record , I guess i should have write N/A in the first place wihch i did'nt, so i guess this time i can just put N/A, any suggestion plz?

2- On my Daughter application (Minor), following is the exact wording:
"the passport does not cover the 4 years period preceding the date of child’s application, please send us the photocopy of the biographical page of any other passport your child has had during the relevant 4 years period”

As my daughter is ony 3.5 years old and she has only 1 passport which was issued after her birth, She came here in Canada as Permanent resident on the same passport of which photocopy was attached with the apllication and the same above details are mentioned in her “Confirmation of Permanent Residence” document
Being a minor, my daughter does not need to satisfy the resident requirement since Iam applying for her with myself as a Main applicant and satisfying the relevant 4 years period, residency and other requirements.

any suggestions please how do i clarify these quries from CIC.?

Really appreciate your help guys.

touché

Star Member
Jun 15, 2013
BOXSIR said:
Hi All

I applied for citizenship in October 14 as family with my daughter 3.5 years old.
Application came back to me last week with two seperate queries:
1- On my application (Adult). following is the excat wording:
"Missing information as highlighted on section 6G about “Children's education history in the last 4 years (if Applicable)”

As my daughter is under age for school and never atteneded any schoool , I have no school record , I guess i should have write N/A in the first place wihch i did'nt, so i guess this time i can just put N/A, any suggestion plz?

2- On my Daughter application (Minor), following is the exact wording:
"the passport does not cover the 4 years period preceding the date of child's application, please send us the photocopy of the biographical page of any other passport your child has had during the relevant 4 years period”

As my daughter is ony 3.5 years old and she has only 1 passport which was issued after her birth, She came here in Canada as Permanent resident on the same passport of which photocopy was attached with the apllication and the same above details are mentioned in her “Confirmation of Permanent Residence” document
Being a minor, my daughter does not need to satisfy the resident requirement since Iam applying for her with myself as a Main applicant and satisfying the relevant 4 years period, residency and other requirements.

any suggestions please how do i clarify these quries from CIC.?

Really appreciate your help guys.
In addition to stating N/A for the education case, I would advise you include a cover letter explaining both issues (education and passport) given your daughter's age. This should clear things up. Good luck.

BOXSIR

Nov 30, 2013
thanks for ur reply,

shall i use the same application and proff of payment, and just add this explanation letter and new checklist as they didnt returned me the checklists.

advise is really appreciated.

thanks

touché

Star Member
Jun 15, 2013
BOXSIR said:
thanks for ur reply,

shall i use the same application and proff of payment, and just add this explanation letter and new checklist as they didnt returned me the checklists.

advise is really appreciated.

thanks
You can use the same application as long as your signature date on it has not exceeded 90 days.