+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

My chances of getting a TRV

Uti

Aug 9, 2019
Hello everybody,
I submitted my TRV application a week ago from Rome Italy. I am a Sri Lankan 36 year old non working mom. My purpose of travel is to accompany my cousin in law to canada who is leaving for her studies. I am the one who prepared all her documents and did the communication with college on behalf of her. We didnt use any represenative and her visa was approved. So her parents want me to go and drop her for 10 days. All expenses will be covered by them.

I am a mother of two year old girl living with my husband in italy for the last three years. I dont work but i provide pvt tutoring and i make italy tourist visas to sri lankan family member who travel to italy. I attached some visas i did as well as communication i did with service providers and embassy in colombo. Further i just listed our spare bed room in air bnb. Honestly i had only about 350 euros in my account and 1000 euros in my husbands account but about 40000 CAD in my sponsor's account. My husband is a cook and has a job contract which expires in december. But he has been emplyeed for last 5 years and tax summary attached. Also the copy of my daughter's school application attached. Apart from this we have a land in Sri Lanka deed a valuation report attached. Worth about 5MN LKR. Also we last year reserved two apartment blocks in an upcoming building paying one million lkr as an investment proof attached.

I explained why i am not working, bcz we both worked overseas prior to getting married me in dubai and husband in italy so we have savings. So we decided that i take care of my daughter until she turns 3. Furthermore, i did ielts on february to start my studies and also toolk italian language classes so that when my daughter starts schooling i am ready for job hunting. All evidence attached and the cousin in law is the daughter of my huband's aunt and their family is in Italy. They are the only family we have here so we are very close to each other. Also why her parents dont accompany her is they dont speak english. Cousin is turning 18 only in september.

Please tell me chances of getting a TRV.

Thank you.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello everybody,
I submitted my TRV application a week ago from Rome Italy. I am a Sri Lankan 36 year old non working mom. My purpose of travel is to accompany my cousin in law to canada who is leaving for her studies. I am the one who prepared all her documents and did the communication with college on behalf of her. We didnt use any represenative and her visa was approved. So her parents want me to go and drop her for 10 days. All expenses will be covered by them.

I am a mother of two year old girl living with my husband in italy for the last three years. I dont work but i provide pvt tutoring and i make italy tourist visas to sri lankan family member who travel to italy. I attached some visas i did as well as communication i did with service providers and embassy in colombo. Further i just listed our spare bed room in air bnb. Honestly i had only about 350 euros in my account and 1000 euros in my husbands account but about 40000 CAD in my sponsor's account. My husband is a cook and has a job contract which expires in december. But he has been emplyeed for last 5 years and tax summary attached. Also the copy of my daughter's school application attached. Apart from this we have a land in Sri Lanka deed a valuation report attached. Worth about 5MN LKR. Also we last year reserved two apartment blocks in an upcoming building paying one million lkr as an investment proof attached.

I explained why i am not working, bcz we both worked overseas prior to getting married me in dubai and husband in italy so we have savings. So we decided that i take care of my daughter until she turns 3. Furthermore, i did ielts on february to start my studies and also toolk italian language classes so that when my daughter starts schooling i am ready for job hunting. All evidence attached and the cousin in law is the daughter of my huband's aunt and their family is in Italy. They are the only family we have here so we are very close to each other. Also why her parents dont accompany her is they dont speak english. Cousin is turning 18 only in september.

Please tell me chances of getting a TRV.

Thank you.
Unfortunately your chances are probably low. IRCC generally wants to see that the applicant can fund their own travel and your savings are extremely low. It's also generally more difficult to be approved if you only have temporary status in the country where you are currently living and can't demonstrate strong ties (e.g. job). But an approval is also always possible. There's really nothing you can do but wait and hope for the best.

Uti

Aug 9, 2019
Unfortunately your chances are probably low. IRCC generally wants to see that the applicant can fund their own travel and your savings are extremely low. It's also generally more difficult to be approved if you only have temporary status in the country where you are currently living and can't demonstrate strong ties (e.g. job). But an approval is also always possible. There's really nothing you can do but wait and hope for the best.
Thanks for the prompt reply. Well have residence permits here which is renewed every two years. My husband applied for long term residence permit since he is more than 5 years. Its processing and i attached the proof and expalained. Also our bank account in sri lanka which also doesnt have a big balance but has transactions of about 10.7 MN for the last one year attached. All bank accounts, properties house contracts here are under both our names. Anyways lets hope for the best. Thanks again.

Uti

Aug 9, 2019
Also I have a schengen tourist visa on my passport which i got prior to coming to Italy on family visa.

Uti

Aug 9, 2019
Guys.... guess what? ? I just got my visaaaaa. Thanks to your very negative comments i was prepared for the worse.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Guys.... guess what? ? I just got my visaaaaa. Thanks to your very negative comments i was prepared for the worse.
Congratulations. You should buy a lottery ticket because your level of personal savings should have lead to a refusal not to mention other factors. Sometimes people get very lucky.