+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

my band is surprisingly very low should I request remark ?

freedomseeker

Oct 31, 2012
Hi,
I am very frustrated.....I retake the IELTS for the second time and I was well prepared. the exam was a lot easier the second time and I was sure that I did very well I expected band 8~9 in reading, 7 in speaking and writing and 6~7 in listening but here is what I got :

Listening: 5
Reading: 6.5
Writing: 6
Speaking: 6
overall band 6

These marks are very weird I am sure I did better than this. here is my first try without much study:

Listening: 6.5
Reading: 5.5
Writing: 5.5
Speaking: 6.5
overall band 6

However the first time these marks was expected to me but the second time was not !!

Now the remark will take 6~8 weeks and will cost about $100 (will get refund only if my marks increased). please advise should I remark and have a chance to apply for Canada immigration on time or it will be tool late and cap will be reached ?

Thanks in advance

Johnny31

VIP Member
Dec 25, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
freedomseeker said:
Hi,
I am very frustrated.....I retake the IELTS for the second time and I was well prepared. the exam was a lot easier the second time and I was sure that I did very well I expected band 8~9 in reading, 7 in speaking and writing and 6~7 in listening but here is what I got :

overall band 6

These marks are very weird I am sure I did better than this. here is my first try without much study:

overall band 6

However the first time these marks was expected to me but the second time was not !!

Now the remark will take 6~8 weeks and will cost about $100 (will get refund only if my marks increased). please advise should I remark and have a chance to apply for Canada immigration on time or it will be tool late and cap will be reached ?

Thanks in advance
chances of your scores being re-marked higher is quite low, even if your scores do change, they won't be that much different.

Johnny31

VIP Member
Dec 25, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
freedomseeker said:
you dont think it is weird that to drop from 6.5 to 5 in Listening ?
it's probably because you did a better job the first time and answered more questions correctly. just because you're taking the test / you prepared for it, it doesn't mean your scores would be higher automatically.

freedomseeker

Oct 31, 2012
Not only because I prepared but I am 90% sure I did better than these marks. Thanks Johnny31 but after thinking I decided to remark and never take this exam again.

AMER4140

Mar 27, 2013
freedomseeker said:
Not only because I prepared but I am 90% sure I did better than these marks. Thanks Johnny31 but after thinking I decided to remark and never take this exam again.
What you mean by never take this exam again ? its still one of the requirements for the Canada immg.

reena123

Mar 4, 2013
freedomseeker said:
Hi,

overall band 6

overall band 6

Thanks inl advance
Re assessment if generally not advisable for Ielts as there are very little chances that the results can changed.

sharpe88

Nov 12, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
freedomseeker said:
How did you do with your remark? Listening marking is not subjective so it's kind of unlikely to change in re-mark.