+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

multi-entry visa questions.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
metallihead said:
i wanted 10 year multi entry visa do you know how much i must show on bank account to get it?
You cannot get a 10-year multiple entry TRV by showing an X amount in your bank account.

The validity of your TRV depends on a number of factors as evaluated by the visa officer

metallihead

Apr 3, 2015
i can get multiple invitation latters from canada, i can prove i will come back after visa finished, i dont have any criminal or healt issues i dont have any dependents. i will most likely stay at my friends in canada.

dont know is there any other factor :D only thing left is how much money i need in bank account i can show 11k cad but dont know it is enough or not?

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
metallihead said:
i can get multiple invitation latters from canada, i can prove i will come back after visa finished, i dont have any criminal or healt issues i dont have any dependents. i will most likely stay at my friends in canada.
Perfect. This will help for your TRV

dont know is there any other factor :D only thing left is how much money i need in bank account i can show 11k cad but dont know it is enough or not?
It depends on how long you intend to visit..... typically it should be about CAD 1000/week of visit+airfare+expenses/surplus funds.... please note this amount is only a guideline and it's not set in stone

Cheers :)

Jalex23

VIP Member
Apr 12, 2013
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-09-2013
Doc's Request.
09-04-2014
AOR Received.
06-11-2013
Med's Request
05-04-2014
Med's Done....
20-05-2014
Passport Req..
07-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
14-07-2014
LANDED..........
06-09-2014
Bryanna said:
You cannot get a 10-year multiple entry TRV by showing an X amount in your bank account.
I would challenge this.

For example if you had 10 USD million dollars in your bank account then I would find it hard for CIC to not give a TRV up to the life of one's passport. Having that much money makes it clear you have no need and are not likely to stay in Canada long term (of course given your profile is a normal one).

I would also say that rich people (really rich people) have little TRV issues at all.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Jalex23 said:
For example if you had 10 USD million dollars in your bank account then I would find it hard for CIC to not give a TRV up to the life of one's passport. Having that much money makes it clear you have no need and are not likely to stay in Canada long term (of course given your profile is a normal one).

I would also say that rich people (really rich people) have little TRV issues at all.
Agree with you, Jalex23...... with that kind of money someone could have even immigrated under the Investor Program (not an option now except for Quebec) leave aside applying for a TRV

In any case, like the most of us, this OP does not have USD 10 million.... so this point does not hold good :)

The initial post of the OP appeared to imply that the bank balance was the sole criterion for getting a 10-year multiple-entry TRV

Jalex23

VIP Member
Apr 12, 2013
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-09-2013
Doc's Request.
09-04-2014
AOR Received.
06-11-2013
Med's Request
05-04-2014
Med's Done....
20-05-2014
Passport Req..
07-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
14-07-2014
LANDED..........
06-09-2014
Bryanna said:
Agree with you, Jalex23...... with that kind of money someone could have even immigrated under the Investor Program (not an option now except for Quebec) leave aside applying for a TRV

In any case, like the most of us, this OP does not have USD 10 million.... so this point does not hold good :)

The initial post of the OP appeared to imply that the bank balance was the sole criterion for getting a 10-year multiple-entry TRV
I would also think that there is no "sole criterion" it is always a sum of all. Regardless there are some highlights that can make other faults seem irrelevant, for example 10 million dollars would make a lack of travel history or strong family ties in Canada be not much of a concern.

So there.... we just proved that there are certain amounts of money that can be shown to get a TRV much more easily (if it applies or not to the users of this forum is another point entirely).

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Jalex23 said:
I would also think that there is no "sole criterion" it is always a sum of all. Regardless there are some highlights that can make other faults seem irrelevant, for example 10 million dollars would make a lack of travel history or strong family ties in Canada be not much of a concern.

So there.... we just proved that there are certain amounts of money that can be shown to get a TRV much more easily (if it applies or not to the users of this forum is another point entirely).
Thanks Jalex23 for agreeing to my first post.... because there is no "sole criterion" as it is always a sum of all factors..... so bank balances are not the sole deciding criteria for TRVs

Even if someone had USD 10 million, the visa officer would want to know whether it is legit or not.... which brings this back to the "sum of all" factors

You're right again when you say "....certain amount of money can be shown to get a TRV much more easily"..... surely it's not USD 10 million :)

Cheers :)

metallihead

Apr 3, 2015
unfortunately i dont have 10 million usd so no reason to talk about :D i will not have much expenses other then airplane tickets in canada. and the time i will stay on canada will change year to year. maybe i will stay 3 week in this summer but 3 months in next year dont know yet.

ButterflyChemist

Jun 24, 2014
metallihead said:

Of course the success of an application depends a lot on the visa officer. I am not so sure that your lack of dependents and multiple invitation letters are actually points in your favor. If anything, they show a lack of ties to your home country. It could be viewed that you will want to stay and be near all your friends as you have nothing to go back home to. You didn't mention if you were employed. I think that is significant factor that you have overlooked. Your case based on what you posted so far is likely to result in rejection in my OPINION.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
metallihead said:
i am self employed it will not doo any favor to me :D
As you're self-employed, you may have to submit more documents to prove your employment ties than (for example) someone who is employed by a company/institution.

You could include (depending on the type of work you do):
Business registration documents, bank statements showing customer payments/payment stubs, tax receipts, purchase orders/works contracts, list of customers, audited balance sheet (if possible), orders expected, an explanation on how your business or employment can allow for a holiday for XX days/weeks ie will it affect your business/who will manage your work in your absence/why you must return by XX date, etc

Basically, you must demonstrate that you have employment to return to.... it must not appear that your business/self-employment work ceases when you're not in your home country or it shuts shop temporarily