+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

MP's Help VS. Doing it Yourself . . . What do you do???

SadGirl:(

Jul 20, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
alok11 said:
Well, i know SadGirl would not want to hear what I am saying but I know for a fact that getting your MP involved pisses off the canadian immigration people like I told u before. It happened to people that I know, they are still on it for the last 36months!
I believe I advised you previously in your post, follow this link to refresh your memory:
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/did-your-mp-help-you-please-comment-on-your-experiences-leon-ppm-pls-comment-t27880.0.html
Alok11, when I had written that post I had already went to see my MP. After I spoke with them I had enquired about whether or not getting your MP involved would help or not. The people that you know, that is taking 36 months, have their case finished yet? Is it a spousal sponsorship case as well? How come their case is taking so long? The problem is this, prior to me visiting my MP, I was advised that the MP can help and will help to move the case forward. The people that I know were waiting for almost 2 years and then they went and met with their MP and their MP helped move their case. After their MP got involved it only took 2 months and they were approved.

alok11

Oct 3, 2009
Well, these people i know are still waiting, they end up regretting why getting their MP involved as since then everything stands still. The problem with their case is that the husband has been to syria, sweden and germany for more than 6months, the husband was also in the military, these people are originally from india. All their MP keeps telling them till today is that the cic is doing some background checks. For how long this will continue these people don't know and they are really frustrated. It may be coincidental, but they were getting more information from london office before they involved their MP, now they get nothing. It is killing them, really.

SadGirl:(

Jul 20, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
alok11 said:
Well, these people i know are still waiting, they end up regretting why getting their MP involved as since then everything stands still. The problem with their case is that the husband has been to syria, sweden and germany for more than 6months, the husband was also in the military, these people are originally from india. All their MP keeps telling them till today is that the cic is doing some background checks. For how long this will continue these people don't know and they are really frustrated. It may be coincidental, but they were getting more information from london office before they involved their MP, now they get nothing. It is killing them, really.
Alok, why don't these people that you know just stop going to their MP and just get in contact with the London office again as they used to??? Can they do that? I'm asking because I am thinking about doing that myself, but I'm just not sure whether to do that or not . . . any thoughts???

You say that the husband was also in the military, was it mandatory or not? My husband was in the military, but it was mandatory and once he served his term he was done. When I used to get in contact with the embassy myself, they told me that my husband's military background was cleared.

I pray that the people you know will hear some good news very soon . . . I am so sorry that it has taken this long for them -- it's not fair at all.