+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Moving to Ontario from Scotland

chrissyyks

Sep 18, 2016
Hi there,

My fiance and I have been together for almost 4 years now in a long distance relationship. He lives in Scotland, and I am in Toronto, Ontario. We've travelled back and forth to visit each other multiple times over the years, but have never lived in the same spot permanently. We've decided there is more opportunity to build a life here in Canada but have found the immigration process quite overwhelming when looking up information.

What would be the best way to get the process started? And which visa type would be best? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
You would sponsor him for permanent residency in order for him to be able to move in Canada using the Family Sponsorship program (spousal sponsorship). To sponsor him for PR, you must first either get married or become common law (common law means you have lived together continuously for at least one full year).

It will be fastest if you sponsor hi using the "outland" (outside of Canada) route.

zacklib

Star Member
Jan 29, 2016
I Agree with scylla. Additionally this link will help answer most of your family class related questions http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/family-class-sponsorship-b5.0/
chrissyyks said:
Hi there,

My fiance and I have been together for almost 4 years now in a long distance relationship. He lives in Scotland, and I am in Toronto, Ontario. We've travelled back and forth to visit each other multiple times over the years, but have never lived in the same spot permanently. We've decided there is more opportunity to build a life here in Canada but have found the immigration process quite overwhelming when looking up information.

What would be the best way to get the process started? And which visa type would be best? Any help would be greatly appreciated!