+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Moving out of the nominated province.

atony8304

Jan 30, 2023
Canada
I am writing to seek clarification regarding the implications of relocating from my nominated province on my status and future citizenship process. As a nominee of the Saskatchewan Immigrant Nominee Program (SINP) and a professional in the information technology sector, I was granted permanent residency in Canada in 2022. Following my initial entry into the country in the same year, I temporarily returned to India before recently relocating to Ontario due to my spouse securing employment outside the IT field.

Despite concerted efforts, I have encountered significant challenges in securing employment within the IT industry in both Saskatchewan and Ontario, attributable to the prevailing difficulties within the IT sector.

Given these circumstances, I am concerned about the potential repercussions this relocation may have on my eligibility for Canadian citizenship, especially considering the requirement to reside in the nominated province. I have observed a variety of opinions and experiences shared within this forum, leading to some uncertainty on my part. Im currently living in Ontario with my spouse because she is the only income generator in my family.

I would greatly appreciate any information, guidance, or personal experiences that could shed light on the matter, particularly regarding any impact on citizenship eligibility for individuals who have not resided in their nominated province.

Alalac

Oct 2, 2021
I am writing to seek clarification regarding the implications of relocating from my nominated province on my status and future citizenship process. As a nominee of the Saskatchewan Immigrant Nominee Program (SINP) and a professional in the information technology sector, I was granted permanent residency in Canada in 2022. Following my initial entry into the country in the same year, I temporarily returned to India before recently relocating to Ontario due to my spouse securing employment outside the IT field.

Despite concerted efforts, I have encountered significant challenges in securing employment within the IT industry in both Saskatchewan and Ontario, attributable to the prevailing difficulties within the IT sector.

Given these circumstances, I am concerned about the potential repercussions this relocation may have on my eligibility for Canadian citizenship, especially considering the requirement to reside in the nominated province. I have observed a variety of opinions and experiences shared within this forum, leading to some uncertainty on my part. Im currently living in Ontario with my spouse because she is the only income generator in my family.

I would greatly appreciate any information, guidance, or personal experiences that could shed light on the matter, particularly regarding any impact on citizenship eligibility for individuals who have not resided in their nominated province.
As long as you can provide relevant information on what led you to move out of the nominated province you should be good, but of course, the final decision is at IRCC officer discretion always, they have the final word.