+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Moving out of the nominated province and citizenship

atony8304

Jan 30, 2023
Canada
HI.

I have a query about moving out of the nominated province and the citizenship application.

I am a SINP nominee and IT professional, who received PR in 2022. I did a soft landing last year and moved back to India. I'm moving back to Canada in a couple of months.

I see very few job opportunities in SK for IT professionals, particularly in my area of expertise. I applied lot of jobs in SK eventhough it is not exactly matching with my skill sets and no response received. However, I am getting responses from employers in other provinces, such as Ontario and British Columbia.

Can I accept a job in another province and move on? What are the consequences for my PR and future citizenship? I see mixed responses in this forum. Anyone here had issues because they did not live in the nominated province?

Any leads in this direction are highly appreciated.

Thank you.

wink

May 25, 2021
HI.

I have a query about moving out of the nominated province and the citizenship application.

I am a SINP nominee and IT professional, who received PR in 2022. I did a soft landing last year and moved back to India. I'm moving back to Canada in a couple of months.

I see very few job opportunities in SK for IT professionals, particularly in my area of expertise. I applied lot of jobs in SK eventhough it is not exactly matching with my skill sets and no response received. However, I am getting responses from employers in other provinces, such as Ontario and British Columbia.

Can I accept a job in another province and move on? What are the consequences for my PR and future citizenship? I see mixed responses in this forum. Anyone here had issues because they did not live in the nominated province?

Any leads in this direction are highly appreciated.

Thank you.

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/any-information-on-citizenship-application-rejection-or-delays-due-to-pnp-obligation.785838/