+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Moving household from USA to Canada

Abhi1982

Star Member
Jul 8, 2019
Hi All. Please suggest what can be the easiest and cheaper way of moving household stuff from USA to Canada when shifting on PR? I do not essentially have large stuff (will dispose it off at USA only), but looking at important essentials which will be around 15 large corrugated boxes(from walmart or home depot) and I would pack those on my own. I heard USPS also has some shipping option. Is it cheaper than hiring a mover? Anyone has some insight please?

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
How about load your boxes to your pickup truck and take the wheels?

Abhi1982

Star Member
Jul 8, 2019
How about load your boxes to your pickup truck and take the wheels?
well, yes sir thats a possibility - just that I do not own a truck. I can tow some behind my outback or RAV4 though. Hence trying to compare n see - if towing would be cheaper or a mover. I thought if someone has similar experience, they may be able to share with me too.

swan0206

Champion Member
May 14, 2019
well, yes sir thats a possibility - just that I do not own a truck. I can tow some behind my outback or RAV4 though. Hence trying to compare n see - if towing would be cheaper or a mover. I thought if someone has similar experience, they may be able to share with me too.
I would suggest, if you are at drivable distance, you can rent a Uhaul and move the stuff. Like taking a friend's help or if both wife and husband can drive, you can do it yourself as well. Avoid night drives. If you load stuff a day earlier and start off like early 7am or 8am in the next morning, you can reach before sunset and would be a comfortable drive.

Option 2: You can use Upack services if you think drive too long like more than 8hours is risky in these snowy winters. Calculate your own move vs Upack, if its 200 or 300 more i would suggest take Upack services to be at peace and safe option.