+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Moving from Ontario (Ontario PR Card) to Quebec

anthorana

Sep 17, 2018
Hi all,

I got my Ontario PR thru EE card back in October 2019, landed in Toronto, and have my PR card sent to Quebec (where my dad lives). No issue with the immigration as I didnt have an address in Toronto. I decided to temporary go to his place in Quebec while applying to jobs in Ontario. I got my SIN card from Quebec as well.
Unfortunately, I havent gotten any job offer in Ontario so I started to try my luck in Montreal and finally got one offer.

My question: who do I need to contact in order to change my permanent residency card from Ontario to Quebec?

Thank you.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
HI
Hi all,

I got my Ontario PR thru EE card back in October 2019, landed in Toronto, and have my PR card sent to Quebec (where my dad lives). No issue with the immigration as I didnt have an address in Toronto. I decided to temporary go to his place in Quebec while applying to jobs in Ontario. I got my SIN card from Quebec as well.
Unfortunately, I havent gotten any job offer in Ontario so I started to try my luck in Montreal and finally got one offer.

My question: who do I need to contact in order to change my permanent residency card from Ontario to Quebec?

Thank you.
1, No one. CIC doesn't care that you have moved to Quebec.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Thank you.

But everything related to Healthcare, driving license, tax...would you know how does it work?
You apply like anyone else living in Quebec. It would have certainly been better to try and live in Ontario first just prove you’re intentions were to try and live in Ontario but as a PR you are allowed to move. Would keep your records of applying for jobs in Ontario just in case you are ever asked.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi all,

Thank you.
You didn't get "Ontario PR". PR status is federal.

anthorana

Sep 17, 2018
You apply like anyone else living in Quebec. It would have certainly been better to try and live in Ontario first just prove you’re intentions were to try and live in Ontario but as a PR you are allowed to move. Would keep your records of applying for jobs in Ontario just in case you are ever asked.
well noted, thank you very much.

Rahal2000

Star Member
Nov 23, 2022
HI

1, No one. CIC doesn't care that you have moved to Quebec.
Hi @PMM, please advise, here an opposite situation. I am EE applicant from quebec. In the protal 2 step, can I put an address in Quebec to receive my PR as I didn't have an address in Ontario yet?