+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Moving back!!!

Sd07

Feb 5, 2017
Hi there, I'm 18 years old and deciding to move back to my hometown Vancouver BC I moved to UK 4 months ago but nothing worked out! I'm born and raised in Vancouver BC and obviously have a Canadian Passport! When I go back to my home country will the immigration customs ask me any questions at the airport? Since the majority is 19 in BC! Some say no since I was born there but still wanna make sure! Please let me know Thank you!

shakeyy

Dec 29, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sd07 said:
Hi there, I'm 18 years old and deciding to move back to my hometown Vancouver BC I moved to UK 4 months ago but nothing worked out! I'm born and raised in Vancouver BC and obviously have a Canadian Passport! When I go back to my home country will the immigration customs ask me any questions at the airport? Since the majority is 19 in BC! Some say no since I was born there but still wanna make sure! Please let me know Thank you!
they will just probably say "welcome home" :)

lawgrrl

Star Member
Jul 8, 2012
Nanaimo, B.C.
Visa Office......
CPP-O
App. Filed.......
10-10-2012
AOR Received.
11-14-2012
VISA ISSUED...
02-03-2013
LANDED..........
05-22-2013
Sd07 said:
My Canadian husband lived in the US for 25 years. When we arrived at the border in BC, they checked my permanent resident status (I'm a US citizen) and simply stamped his passport. Welcome back! ;)

alphazip

Champion Member
May 23, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sd07 said:
Any questions? Sure, you may be asked how long you were gone, what you have to declare, etc. (comparing it to the Declaration Card you will have filled out on the plane). I can't see how you will be asked anything related to your age.

h3a3j6

Mar 31, 2014
Montréal
Sd07 said:
Welcome home!

links18

Champion Member
Feb 1, 2006
Assuming you aren't moving an entire household of goods back with you, you should be fine--maybe a few basic questions about your trip. If you are bringing alot of stuff back with you, you may have to fill out some detailed customs forms. Anything can happen at customs just about--but it is usually pretty routine if you are a citizen.