Dec 1, 2018
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
25-11-2018
Med's Done....
03-01-2018
We plan to move from US to Canada. Can someone recommend reliable movers and give approximate costs of moving a small load of household items from US to Canada?

If anyone has any good or bad experiences to share please let me know. Also any dos and donts.

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
I paid USD 3500 to move a 2-bedroom apartment from Massachusetts to Toronto. The movers did a great job and I would recommend them if they are your area. It took about 10 days from them picking everything up in the US to delivering at my apartment in Toronto.

Humboldt Movers.

anxious-girl

Star Member
Dec 1, 2018
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
25-11-2018
Med's Done....
03-01-2018
Thank you so much for the suggestions. I will check them out.

vcoer

Jul 18, 2017
I paid USD 3500 to move a 2-bedroom apartment from Massachusetts to Toronto. The movers did a great job and I would recommend them if they are your area. It took about 10 days from them picking everything up in the US to delivering at my apartment in Toronto.

Humboldt Movers.
Did you have to provide them on any documents supporting the "first time tax free items move"?

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
Did you have to provide them on any documents supporting the "first time tax free items move"?
Yes, I had created a list of goods to follow when I first landed.

The movers don't need it though. Customs clearance is done after they enter Canada, and that's when you take the documents along and show it to CBSA at the clearing station.

vcoer

Jul 18, 2017
Yes, I had created a list of goods to follow when I first landed.

The movers don't need it though. Customs clearance is done after they enter Canada, and that's when you take the documents along and show it to CBSA at the clearing station.
Thanks for your reply. I reside in US. I first Landed in Canada 2 years back - at that time, I didn't create any list of goods to follow. Now when I am ready to move for good - am I still eligible for "first time tax free goods"? If yes, what official forms/steps would I need to take? Appreciate your help.

EdnoCaspery

Sep 22, 2022
Moving across borders is a ride. I used Three Movers for my US to Canada move—reliable and fair. Costs vary but still are reasonable. Pack essentials and important documents with you. My tip: check customs rules to avoid surprises. It's a process, but it's doable! Safe moving!