+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Moved to Toronto after applying from Montreal under Quebec skill worker catagory

sabbir_hsn

Aug 18, 2018
Recently, I got a letter from Quebec immigration office(MIDI) that their intention is to cancel my CSQ as they know I live in Toronto now. They gave me 60 days to reply.
I have applied for PR in Nov 2016, then I moved to Toronto in Dec 2017 as I got a job here. After that, my application got cancel due to a signature problem which I was supposed to do it by hand by I typed instead. I just resend them the same application with my signature on March 2017. I got my medical on Dec 2017, before that they asked me to update my Schedule A form (Background) which I did and mentioned in my address history that I am in Toronto now. But I did not change in permanent address of my PR application as I believed I will move back to Montreal if I get a job there. After waiting for 17 months, finally MIDI accusing me of false/ misrepresentation.
I stayed in Montreal for more than a year after my graduation. I did not receive a single interview call. I was so frustrated that is why I took my job in Toronto.

What should I reply? How can I convince them that my intention is to live in Montreal, I just moved to Toronto due to my Job. Any kind of help will be appreciated.

Wonderland_1010

Champion Member
Aug 24, 2015
Regina, SK
Category........
PNP
Recently, I got a letter from Quebec immigration office(MIDI) that their intention is to cancel my CSQ as they know I live in Toronto now. They gave me 60 days to reply.
I have applied for PR in Nov 2016, then I moved to Toronto in Dec 2017 as I got a job here. After that, my application got cancel due to a signature problem which I was supposed to do it by hand by I typed instead. I just resend them the same application with my signature on March 2017. I got my medical on Dec 2017, before that they asked me to update my Schedule A form (Background) which I did and mentioned in my address history that I am in Toronto now. But I did not change in permanent address of my PR application as I believed I will move back to Montreal if I get a job there. After waiting for 17 months, finally MIDI accusing me of false/ misrepresentation.
I stayed in Montreal for more than a year after my graduation. I did not receive a single interview call. I was so frustrated that is why I took my job in Toronto.

What should I reply? How can I convince them that my intention is to live in Montreal, I just moved to Toronto due to my Job. Any kind of help will be appreciated.
If you had applied PR under CSQ, then you are supposed to live and work in Quebec until you get your PR. Moving to a different province because of a job is not a sufficient reason. How would Quebec believe that you will come back if you don't have any ties in Montreal?

Reactions: scylla

sabbir_hsn

Aug 18, 2018
I just do not want them to accuse me of misrepresentation. I am going to apply again under spouse sponsorship category as I am married to a Canadian citizen. If they accuse me of misrepresentation, it might affect my PR decision.

HarrisZhou

Star Member
Mar 19, 2018
I just do not want them to accuse me of misrepresentation. I am going to apply again under spouse sponsorship category as I am married to a Canadian citizen. If they accuse me of misrepresentation, it might affect my PR decision.
contact a lawyer is your best choice, please reply carefully, or you will get the mispresentation on your profile, which may affect your immigraion in other provinces

chelsea9876

Aug 23, 2018
Category........
LANDED..........
14-01-2011
contact a lawyer is your best choice, please reply carefully, or you will get the mispresentation on your profile, which may affect your immigraion in other provinces
i agree. you have be careful and follow you lawyer's tips.

Ayaan baby

Nov 13, 2017
Hi guys.. I have submitted my passport for stamping and planning to land in Quebec in December first week..am under Quebec skilled worker program.. I am planning to move to Ontario without staying in qQuebe..my question is whether it will affect my PR or citizenship.? Anybody in such situation got citizenship? Any ideas? please help

AB_Shakeel

Nov 6, 2018
I would like to ask same as Ayaan asking for.
Let say if I will move to Toronto very next day after lending in Quebec, In future it will make any problem?

AB_Shakeel

Nov 6, 2018
Well i have applied for Quebec immigration, I got my CSQ already, waiting for medical, I came to know by my lawyer after going there I have to stay minimum of two years, as he said, after lending in Quebec, i will get my PR card within two months.

A friend of mine ask me to come Toronto and stay with him even to work with him as well.

As my lawyer said I must not go anyother province, so I am bit worried, what will happen if I will go Toronto very next day of lending in Quebec.

Please share more details, according this situation.

Thank you

AB_Shakeel

Nov 6, 2018
As long as you become a permanant residense you can move to anywhere in Canada
Well i have applied for Quebec immigration, I got my CSQ already, waiting for medical, I came to know by my lawyer after going there I have to stay minimum of two years, as he said, after lending in Quebec, i will get my PR card within two months.

A friend of mine ask me to come Toronto and stay with him even to work with him as well.

As my lawyer said I must not go anyother province, so I am bit worried, what will happen if I will go Toronto very next day of lending in Quebec.

Please share more details, according this situation.

Thank you