+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Mother's visitor visa expiration coming and no response about exctension

aiw

Jun 12, 2015
I am a PR. My moms Visiting Visa(not Super Visa) is coming to an end by Dec 31. I had applied for another extension on Dec 12th, but haven't got a response yet. This will be her second extension.

My question is, can she still stay in Canada until the extension result comes through? Also, what if the result comes out negative, would she get some grace period to book a plane ticket, or is she expected to leave the country on the same day? Is it easy for parents to get a second extension?

PS: When I said visitor visa period, I meant her present stay period. The multiple entry visa is valid for another 9 years.

Sehbaaz

Star Member
Aug 19, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
28th Oct,2015
AOR Received.
2nd December 2015
Passport Req..
26th April
VISA ISSUED...
11th May
LANDED..........
17th May 2016
dont worry its not ur problem CIC is responsible for that. This time doesn't affect ur future visits. They took 4 months for my dad's visa extension 2 yrs ago.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
aiw said:
I am a PR. My moms Visiting Visa(not Super Visa) is coming to an end by Dec 31. I had applied for another extension on Dec 12th, but haven't got a response yet. This will be her second extension.

My question is, can she still stay in Canada until the extension result comes through? Also, what if the result comes out negative, would she get some grace period to book a plane ticket, or is she expected to leave the country on the same day? Is it easy for parents to get a second extension?
After the 31st, she will have Implied Status while IRCC processes the app. If it is refused, she will be out of status that day and will be told to leave Canada immediately. IRCC doesn't expect a person to leave the same day but they are expected to make arrangements to leave as soon as possible.